RECALL Dogswell Happy Hips Chicken Breast and Duck Jerky

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
http://www.dogswell.com/qualityassurance

During routine testing of our products, the New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets (NYSDAM) discovered that a sample of our Dogswell Happy Hips Chicken Breast Jerky contained trace amounts of an antibiotic residue that has not been approved for use in the United States. It is important to note that this antibiotic is accepted for use in other countries (including the European Union), and there is no evidence that products containing trace amounts of this antibiotic pose a health risk for pets or humans. Since we were notified by the NYSDAM the week of July 22nd, we have made the decision to voluntarily withdraw Chicken Breast and Duck Breast jerky under the Breathies, Happy Heart, Happy Hips, Mellow Mut, Shape Up, Veggie Life, Vitality, and Vitakitty brands that are labeled with a “Best Before” date of January 28th, 2015 or any earlier date. The vast majority of these products were distributed before March 1st of this year. No other products are affected.
Since January, we have been using state-of-the-art testing procedures to ensure that our chicken and duck products do not contain these or other unapproved antibiotics. All chicken and duck breast jerky products with a “Best Before” date of January 29, 2015 and later have been fully tested for and do not contain these antibiotics.
The following Dogswell and Catswell brand chicken and duck jerky products, with a “Best Before” date of January 28th, 2015 have been recalled:
Breathies
Happy Heart
Happy Hips
Mellow Mutt
Shape Up
Veggie Life
Vitality
VitaKitty

If you have a package of any product involved in the recall, discontinue feeding immediately and call Dogswell at 1-888-559-8833 for a full refund.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Many thanks , Christy, for posting this notice...GOD bless!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
OK FOLKS ! if ya all dont know by NOW to stay away from the 'Chicken Jerky' here is just ANOTHER Recall on it.

DO EVERYONE A FAVOR, TELL YOUR LOCAL STORES TO REMOVE ALL POULTRY JERKY FROM THE SHELVES !

there has just been a disproportionate amount of recalls for these types of products

Thanks for the recall info though :) I'm off my soap box :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online