Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthborn Holistics Meadow Feast and yeast?

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Earthborn Holistics Meadow Feast and yeast?

@Deestar are you giving her yogurt or better yet try Kefir. The probiotic might help with the yeast issues I posted a yogurt vs kefir thread in nutrition. Also you can add some ACV (organic with the mother on the label) to her water. What treats are you giving her? We get so focused on the kibbles we forget it could be treats that is causing the yeast. I also do a Vinegar rinse when I give Fergus a bath (leave on for 5 mins then dry off do not rinse off). We have had some great results on Fromm Pork and Peas

Real Name
    Dee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I am giving her probiotic pills. Would I give her yogurt in addition to that? I saw the thread on Kefir and am going to see if my local grocery store has it.

I've been putting the ACV in her water and I wipe the folds out occasionally with a combo of ACV and water. I very rarely give her treats these days but when I do I just give her a piece or two of the kibble.

At this point I'm not seeing any more signs of the reddish brown stuff when I clean her with the wipes. Her issue now is the redness and itching.

I was considering the Fromm P&P but I'm nervous to order it since the EBH she's on now has peas high up on the ingredient list and I thought it might be the culprit.

Thanks!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

IMO live probiotics is better then pills. I dont think it would hurt if you also gave some Kefir. It sounds like you are doing everything and being a good bully mama . If there is no brown stuff and no smell (like fritos). The redness and itching can also be environmental you can try some benedryl to see if that will help. Also try the Vinegar rinse and you might want to try a medicated shampoo like http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Chlorhex..._petsupplies_4

Real Name
    Dee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, Ashleym! I will start giving her the yogurt and then the Kefir when I get to the store.

Real Name
    Dee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Anyone else's bully have a reaction to peas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads