Anyone using Nature's Logic Canine Venison Meal Dinner Fare?

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
Hi all,
I'm still searching for the right food for Petee! Found Merrick grain free Real Pork and Sweet Potato Recipe. I'm on the second bag and he's still licking his paws ( which stink really bad), pimples on muzzle again, red hive-like bumps around face only, tear stains-no matter how many times I clean his face, horrible gas, and soft-serve poop most of the time. Been looking into Nature's Logic venison. The protein is 38% like Merrick. Do you think the protein is to high? I Have to order the Nature's Logic through my local pet store.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Natures logic is a great food. Have you read the article on allergies yet? Sounds like he may have a pretty decent case. :(. Also you can get almost all foods at petflow.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I haven't used Nature's Logic but it can be terribly frustrating to find the right food your bully does well on. I went from Royal Canin to Taste of the Wild to California Naturals to Nature's Variety Instinct before I FINALLY found the right food for my bullies so try to be patient and perhaps try a "one protein/one starch" kind of food to help eliminate the things that might not agree with your bully. For example, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet, which has one protein (turkey) and one starch (tapioca) so I know I can safely feed my bullies those two ingredients without an issue. Several brands have a limited ingredient option for this purpose.

OP
petee2

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
Which LID should I try first-turkey, lamb, duck or rabbit? I was going to try Turkey f the store has it. Also, what about treats?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Treat wise give your baby fruits and vegetables like apple slices, banana, plain yogurt, slices of bell pepper, celery or other health options.

OP
petee2

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
Another thought-should I do a slow transition to the LID or just start giving it? He's on Merrick pork and sweet potato now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Another thought-should I do a slow transition to the LID or just start giving it? He's on Merrick pork and sweet potato now.

Without a doubt, switch slowly. If you go straight for the new food the tummy will get upset.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
petee2

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
Thank you all again for your input- I just got the NVI LID in turkey at my local Pets Supplies Plus. I will do a slow transition and keep you updated!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok just a few thoughts here. if you have an allergy bully i would get them on a food first then introduce one new treat at a time so as to check for a reaction. if none then you know that is safe and can try another. also the nvi rabbit is from china so just thought i would throw that out there in case that concerns you.

OP
petee2

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
cowsmom- I will do that. I stayed away from the rabbit because I remember reading about it being from China on one of the threads here. I started mixing in some LID turkey with his food tonight- he is so spoiled (because of me of course), he won't eat his food without some canned in it. The store didn't carry the LID turkey in canned! I have to order a case. In the mean time, I thought maybe wetting it with some warm water might work. Fingers crossed! Do you think his beloved rawhide bones will be a problem too? I get them with a vanilla coating-the other ones are very stinky!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh well you will find rawhide bones are a no go here. i used to feed them to sarah and she would choke on them and i had to buy special ones but no rawhide if frowned upon here. most use deer antlers i think. i use deer antler and my friend has a website i get their bones from now if you pm me ill tell ya what it is. she makes them herself.

Koakley

Jan 16, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tanker Ram
We use Natures Logic for our bullie. We have been very successful with the beef and chicken. We tried the duck but it was way too rich for his stomach, he loved it, he just couldn't keep it down. So I'd start with the chicken, turkey, or beef first and go from there. And for treats try sweet potato. Ours love sweet potato, and any other veggie for that matter. Great way to keep their weight down too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.