costco food??

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I know reading thru some of the dog food threads someone had mentioned trying out the costco purple bag dog food or researching it more...just wondering if someone did what came of it.

I need to switch our dog food brand and Fromm is just not in the budget as i've been outta work for about 6months. does anyone have a suggestion on a food that is moderatly priced but a good food??

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think most of the cosco foods are diamond manufactured foods so i stay away from them. nutrisource is a low priced food and is pretty good. im using it now myself. no recalls either. merrick is pretty good and is pretty reasonable esp the whole earth farms but is has grains so not sure if that is a concern. earthborn grain free is pretty reasonable and a good food.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I feed my kids the salmon and sweet potatoe Natures Domain (Costco) it is the grain free in the blue bag.I have never had a problem with it and the kids love it. Dog food advisor gave it 4 stars and all my kids get a vitamin every day and I give them lots of fresh veggie treats.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I haven't tried the Costco brand of dog foods myself but let's see if other members have and can share their experiences/thoughts on this! :anyone:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We did a rating on it..and I believe [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] tried it? I would also pay attention to the fact that Diamond is the mfg. they have a poor track record overall for recalls, although this particular food hasn't , I think.

RipleyandBentley

May 13, 2013
Brighton, Colorado
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley Jaxon & Bentley Winston
I definitely would stay away from it. Long story but almost lost my Bentley due to the Salmon and Sweet potato Costco brand. He ended up getting pancretitis and was hospitalized for 4 days. I actually called the company and was told that they sometimes get behind schedule and package the dog food while it is still warm which may cause bacteria but not enough to recall the dog food. They also stated that the dog food may have been left out on pallets in the sun at Costco, so they couldn't be responsible for it.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I use the Costco Natures Domain, Salmon (red bag) and the blue bag (I think lamb). I had Arnold on Taste of the Wild initially and then changed him to Natures domain with no problems. Bertha started on Fromm Puppy and we changed her at 16 weeks again with no problem or allergies. Neither of them have had skin problems from it, maybe some extra shedding but you can give them salmon oil. Lisa (@desertskybulldogs) gives one of her dogs this food but if I remember correctly all the others didn't do so well. After reading [MENTION=8848]RipleyandBentley[/MENTION] post, I am a little concerned. Is it the Natures Domain brand that you had problems with or the Kirkland brand?

babyjax

Aug 29, 2012
tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
I don't know about the costco dog food but definetly stay away from the costco dog biscuits. My sister in law has 3 bulldogs who are very healthy. Her husband bought the biscuits cause he thought they were cheap and thought they would be good and now all 3 of them developed warts.They developed warts all around the mouth and even on the tounge. I never even knew that dogs could develop warts! But anyways the vet said its from their food and weak immunity system. She has not changed their regular food and the Bullies never had any issues until now. She usually gives them grain free treats and after this she will definetly be more carefull what she gives them.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I tried it on 5 bullies, and the results were most didn't have nice sleek costs, got tears stains on 4 of the 5. However Mandy did so great on it (she's solid white) that I kept her on it until the last diamond recall. I've been trying to find a better food for her and recently pork & peas by Fromm and nope she's not doing great on it. I'm thinking of switching her back right now to see if she has the same good results, if only temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think Earthborn is relatively inexpensive and a decent food. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] also had some luck on Avoderm, I believe, which is also a moderately priced choice.

KathyFlores

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
.... as for the Costco Biscuits I have never heard about any bull dog getting warts from the Costco dog biscuits . I have 2 bulls that are 10 years old and they have been on these biscuits. they are made in the USA... So I think the warts were cause by something else and not from the Costco Biscuits . LOL

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I know reading thru some of the dog food threads someone had mentioned trying out the costco purple bag dog food or researching it more...just wondering if someone did what came of it.

I need to switch our dog food brand and Fromm is just not in the budget as i've been outta work for about 6months. does anyone have a suggestion on a food that is moderatly priced but a good food??

I'm not sure how much Fromm is, but Bo is on blue buffalo grain free (freedom I think) and it is roughly $50-$60 for 34lbs I think. If that's more affordable perhaps you could try it. Bo is doing absolutely wonderful on it!! No yeast and firm stool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.