Would it be wrong to put Daisy on adult food?

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Shes 4 months. And I was thinking bout switching to Blue wilderness salmon or the bison. I want to get her away from chicken. Do I really need to wait? Before we got her and I did a little research and the breeded also told us that Nutro was great for bulldogs... Yuck. I wish I had found out about you guys first!!! lol I know you all love fromm but she really likes salmon.. So I thought Id try something like that. Unless you all have a better idea... And dont forget she has a :poo: eating problem too... Thanks guys :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am not too familiar with the Blue Wilderness line so I am not much help there but maybe @cowsmom has some info to pass along. I do know that Fromm's does have a couple of different Salmon recipes in the four star line with one being grain free and the other that is not.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ya salmon-tunalini but wait till 8 months to switch to adult. They sell supplements so she won't eat her :poo::)

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ya salmon-tunalini but wait till 8 months to switch to adult. They sell supplements so she won't eat her :poo::)

Oh really? Any idea what they are? I heard petsmart had something. But I wasnt sure if it worked.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well problem with blue is most of their formulas have chicken in them including the wilderness. i think most like to stay on puppy food till 6 months. blue has a lamb and oatmeal puppy formula which has turkey but no chicken if you wanted to get away from chicken but still use puppy food. ive seen the stuff at petco and petsmart for :poo: eating but havent tried it myself.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
well problem with blue is most of their formulas have chicken in them including the wilderness. i think most like to stay on puppy food till 6 months. blue has a lamb and oatmeal puppy formula which has turkey but no chicken if you wanted to get away from chicken but still use puppy food. ive seen the stuff at petco and petsmart for :poo: eating but havent tried it myself.

Ya I did notice that. But I wasnt sure how prevalent the chicken was in it. Jeeze I never knew it was gonna be so difficult finding a good dog food! lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I had Brutus on puppy until about 8 months! I feed him Fromm Beef Frittata and sometimes we switch flavors! Fromm is great bc you can switch through their line with little to no transition :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I would watch with chicken for now as
It seems most bullies are sensitive to it

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had Brutus on puppy until about 8 months! I feed him Fromm Beef Frittata and sometimes we switch flavors! Fromm is great bc you can switch through their line with little to no transition :)

thats exactly what we did and now Busters on the pork & peas.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
thats exactly what we did and now Busters on the pork & peas.

I haven't tried that flavor yet! Is that the grain free? We switch between Surf and Turf and Beef Frittata! My 2 pitties really like the surf and turf and Bru loves his beef! I can't believe they actually know the difference lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't tried that flavor yet! Is that the grain free? We switch between Surf and Turf and Beef Frittata! My 2 pitties really like the surf and turf and Bru loves his beef! I can't believe they actually know the difference lol

Wow!! Thats awesome they can tell the diff!! Pork and Peas is grain free it just came out I think 2 months ago. I am sooo happy you are back, missed you!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow!! Thats awesome they can tell the diff!! Pork and Peas is grain free it just came out I think 2 months ago. I am sooo happy you are back, missed you!

I might have to try that now! I like being able to switch things up for them! I was concerned with Brutus but he doesn't seem to have any issues (knocking on wood) Awww thanks! I missed you all so much! It's good to be back! Xoxoxo

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.