Maggie update

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
She has been on Formm puppy in pink bag since April.. I fine she is a little better.. Still has tear stains not as bad but bad... She sheds so bad I have to pass the dust mop 2 to 3 times a day. No hair loss spots. She still poops 4 to 5 times a day and stinks.. She gets 3 1/4 cups a day. Like the bag says. She would eat it all .. I fine she is still a little on the skinny side.. So I started feeding her alittle more and she don't eat it all. I really don't know if its helping her.. She is 7 months old weights 35 lbs and was just fixed.. Should I keep her on that one or change? Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged some members that may be able to provide some insight for you... been too long for me with puppy feeding. They will be along shortly to help

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
thanks here is a picture of her today 20130713_155857_resized.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
She may just be a small bully. Stuffing them with food doesnt always make them gain weight.... it can make them sick and have the runs.
What I would do is transition her to a high quality all stages food that is grain and gluten free such as Fromm Beef Frittata. give her 3/4 cup, 3 times a day. As an adult she will only need about 3/4 cup twice a day but she is still developing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Her tear stains don't look too bad, she is still teething and her skull is going to change a LOT over the next few months too. This will change her whole skin and wrinkle structure and can cause some tearing too. Her stains do not look infected and looks like you have been doing a good job trying to keep them dry. Eventually she will fill out as well, sometimes from 4 months to 10 months they really can look very much not like a bully, and look very thin and lanky, just as my 15 year old son! It's hard to believe he will start filling out he's always been so thin and tall. But he will eventually too!

Shedding is part of owning a bully, adding salmon oil and daily brushing will help..... but there are very few dog breeds that do not shed and bulldogs are not one of them.

You can try putting her on a different food but they will only be even more lean on fat ratio that the puppy formula, so I would stick with it, she will be fine.... and all the sudden when she was a year old you can look back at this photo and see how much she has changed. As long as you cannot see her spine and ribs then she would not be considered too thin, and many vets would probably say she is perfect.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do too. She doesn't look too skinny. Her eyes don't look that bad. She's a beauty!! :yes:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
She is too cute! I think Brie might be a smaller bully as well. She is 7 mos and 34 pounds. They are our dream dog big or small! :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's a great pic you took because you can see she is the perfect size and weight. Our Maggie was 35lb fully grown!!! So if it makes you feel better I am confident that you are not going to have the smallest bully on EBN!!!

They grow up there first year, and out their second ... so I wouldn't be too concerned at all. She's gorgeous!!! :heart:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
thanks here is a picture of her today View attachment 48517

Oh Mama, she looks GOOD, she's not skinny, she looks healthy and active. For the hair thing, maybe you want to get yourself a Zoom Groom to brush her with, It a rubber scrubber with nubs and the hair really sticks to it, just rub her in a circle with it. You are doing good mama.:2thumbs:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I agree with everyone else she looks beautiful. The rule I go by is that Bullies grow up the first year and they grow out the second year. Stick with what you are doing it is working!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
she looks fine really and you can switch her to an all stages food now at 7 months if you wanted to. perhaps you can feed her some home cooked to add with the kibble to perhaps fill her up a bit more. i feed half kibble and half homecooked with sarah.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh Mama, she looks GOOD, she's not skinny, she looks healthy and active. For the hair thing, maybe you want to get yourself a Zoom Groom to brush her with, It a rubber scrubber with nubs and the hair really sticks to it, just rub her in a circle with it. You are doing good mama.:2thumbs:

Thats a good lil brush! Daisy was shedding terribly a few weeks back and thats what we use :)

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
Thanks everyone.. just trying to keep that baby healthy and happy ..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.