Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, everyone, I don't know if you remember my posts regarding Blossom and her allergies or sensitivities to chicken, salmon, corn, and grains? We switched both our guys to Fromms Beef Frittata, after trying a couple of other foods, when they were 7 months old, they are both doing really well on this food. I decided last week that I would try another flavour, and since blossom can't have chicken or salmon those two flavours were out, so that left Pork and Applesauce, but that flavour isn't grain free, so we bought a small bag of the Fromms turkey and duck, it's now day two, and poor Blossom is completely red in her face, her ears are warm, and her chin is also red and bumpy. She started last night at about 12 midnight, and I gave her a Benadryl , she seems a little better today, not as red, so it's back to the Beef Frittata for us. Lets hope she doesn't become allergic to this flavour down the road, they have been on it for almost 10 months, so hopefully not.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor Blossom :( Hopefully she will be back to her old self in a couple of days. The Pork & Peas may be an option for you, unless she has a problem with Peas.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you, she'll be fine, because she's back on the Beef, my bad, I thought a change in flavours would be nice, but it didn't agree with her, I should have just stuck with what was working. I wanted to try the pork and peas, but the one that is sold in Canada is not a grain free flavour, we have the pork and applesauce grain free, but now I'm leery of trying another flavour, I think I'll just stick with the beef, they both do really well on it. No yeast, no allergies, nice coats, and awesome poops. Lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They may not have the pork & peas because it's so new. Maybe ask them if they can order for you. I'm so sorry Blossom has this happening again. I'm sure going back to the Frittata will make her all better again. :yes:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ugh, so often it's trial and error, isn't it?! I've done flavor/food changes several times with the boys also and am going back to mostly home cooking w/Tate and sticking with NVI Lamb for Finn. I want to try the Fromm Peas and Pork when my store starts stocking it.

Poor little Blossom. Hopefully she starts to feeling better soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor little girl.... hope she is back to normal soon

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im sure she will be better going back to the food that worked. its so nice to have a fallback food that works when you try something new. so far i dont have that. :)

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys for all your thoughts and prayers for my Blossom. We went back to the Fromms Beef yesterday, and while she still is a little pink, she seems to be getting better already, I gave her another Benadryl today, and her colouring is much better, and she's not showing any signs of itching. Thank goodness it was short lived, and going back to her old food is working, I'll stick to the Beef Frittata, and home cooking, as this seems to be what she tolerates, and likes.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven seems to be rather sensitive to chicken so I stay away from any duck or turkey as well..kind of a birds of a feather approach. I need to find something else to feed her because she definitely doesn't like the Grain Free Pork flavor from Merricks B4 Grain. I am now trying the Grain Free Beef but she has been avoiding her dish. Good luck figuring out this puzzle called feeding my bully. Wish Raven was one that would just eat anything.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It's definitely trial and error with their food when they have allergies and sensitivities, but once you find something that works, I guess it's best to stick with it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm so glad Blossom is feeling better.

I'm NOT a fan of switching out foods for sensitive dogs (like bullies) for different
variety...a few may tolerate w/out problems but the majority don't, IMHO. Moreover,
most dogs that like their food choice eat heartily each & ever meal on the same food,
seemingly very happily.

And yeast, if it gets systemic is a real b*tch to get rid of...GOD bless y'all!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It is so difficult to know the exact combination of ingredients for these special dogs. We're doing a trial of peas and pork to see if it clears up some of Mabel's problems. I hope Blossom continues to improve!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.