FOOD SWITCH

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi all...question.....Forde has been on Fromm pork & applesauce and loved it...but i thought well, grain free would even be better so i bought Fromm pork and peas....again he LOVES it....on things is the shape...pork & applesauce were flat disk like, and he ate them okay 4 or 5 would fall out of his mouth but nothing more....pork & peas are little round balls....forde loses about half of them while trying to eat them....ANY IDEAS how to help him keep them in his mouth lol :blink:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We had the same problem with Sasha our ridgeback and had to switch to a slow feed dish as she was trying to suck Iit up lile a vacuum. She still drops a few pieces here every now and then but nothing lile the previous mouthfuls.

Now if someone could solve her drinking problem I would be happy but that is a story for another time. Lol

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
We had the same problem with Sasha our ridgeback and had to switch to a slow feed dish as she was trying to suck Iit up lile a vacuum. She still drops a few pieces here every now and then but nothing lile the previous mouthfuls.

Now if someone could solve her drinking problem I would be happy but that is a story for another time. Lol

lol..understand....the problem doesn't seem to be him eating too fast...its just hes having trouble with the round balls, if that makes sense.......

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ah..My apologies for misunderstanding... Maybe raising his dish up a bit might help.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
:) np at all

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2572]FORDE'SMOM[/MENTION], how about if you moistened the food a little with some water...do you think that would help? I'm planning to switch to the peas and pork also as soon as my pet store stocks it so thanks for the heads up.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
@FORDE'SMOM, how about if you moistened the food a little with some water...do you think that would help? I'm planning to switch to the peas and pork also as soon as my pet store stocks it so thanks for the heads up.

thanks......that is what i was thinking of trying in the morning...i like him having dry kibble but unless something really changes i will have to find something that works and adding water may be the thing :) i just dont want him to get to point where he wont eat dry kibble...and has to have water on it...but time will tell i guess :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well you could put something on it to bind it together like yogurt or a bit of canned food or cottage cheese if you dont want to just use water.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.