Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
IMG_4430.jpg

When I poured out some of their kibble the other day i came across one very suspicious looking piece---there was this bright blue material sticking out from a piece of kibble! I saved it and wanted to keep it as "evidence". Took it in today to the pet store i bought the bag from and the salesman said it looked like a piece of plastic. I contacted NVI customer svc today and only got an answering machine so am waiting to hear back. That was the only piece i found w/this blue thing in it but it is alarming to me. I still will feed them NVI for now, since I believe, hopefully, it's just an isolated incident. I'm still waiting for my store to carry the Fromm Peas and Pork...and today i really pressured them to get it b/c they carry a huge line of Fromm and supposedly "have a good relationship" w/the Fromm company. I told them i'd start ordering the Peas and Pork online if they didn't carry it so they said they'd work with me on it.

Anyways, just wanted to share this w/you guys.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 47624

When I poured out some of their kibble the other day i came across one very suspicious looking piece---there was this bright blue material sticking out from a piece of kibble! I saved it and wanted to keep it as "evidence". Took it in today to the pet store i bought the bag from and the salesman said it looked like a piece of plastic. I contacted NVI customer svc today and only got an answering machine so am waiting to hear back. That was the only piece i found w/this blue thing in it but it is alarming to me. I still will feed them NVI for now, since I believe, hopefully, it's just an isolated incident. I'm still waiting for my store to carry the Fromm Peas and Pork...and today i really pressured them to get it b/c they carry a huge line of Fromm and supposedly "have a good relationship" w/the Fromm company. I told them i'd start ordering the Peas and Pork online if they didn't carry it so they said they'd work with me on it.

Anyways, just wanted to share this w/you guys.

Not good. I have a half bag if you want or I will order online and have it sent over. I always thought if that happened to me I wish it was someones diamond ring that came off into the bag. :)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@pdolphin27, thanku for your offer...so sweet of u! But, i did buy another bag of the NVI lamb limited ingred today b/c i think that incident was an isolated "fluke". Of course, IF i see it again, and you can bet I'll be looking very carefully, I will make a switch asap. I know what u mean...if it was a nice, shiny couple karat deal stuck in that kibble...well, heck, I wouldn't be complaining! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
scary what you can find in any bag of food

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Glad you reported it so their quality control peeps can know about it. Not acceptable by no means. Hope they offer you a free bag.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes or $100,000,000 cold hard cash and all expenses paid trip to Tahiti and back with all BULLDOG accommodations included :yes:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Scarry. At least you caught it before you baby ate it and were able to inform them about it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes or $100,000,000 cold hard cash and all expenses paid trip to Tahiti and back with all BULLDOG accommodations included :yes:

I like how you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good eye Henny, good thing you saw it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Honestly Henny, that really creeps me out. :nervous:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Unfortunately in todays automated world that sort of thing can happen to even the best company.
I worked for 16 years in a metal beverage container production facility and at the speeds the product is made there is no way that absolutely every possible contaminant can be caught.
I'm sure it is probably a shaving of some plastic likely from one of the ingredients. A small piece that came off of the packaging when it was opened...something simple like that.
But I do hope they at least send you some kind of coupon or something in good faith.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
At least you found it Henny before the boys ate it, hope you get something free for it too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.