Thread: Puppy Food question

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy Food question

Quote Originally Posted by Emmitt E View Post
    Ok, thanks. So he's on grain-free surf and turf now. Maybe I should return the big bag of grain-free surf and turf and buy a big bag of the Fromm's regular food and a small bag of grain free to make the transition.
    I also have a 10 year old pug that I'm going to transition to whatever the puppy is eating................unless I find out that's a terrible idea. The pug has been eating Science Diet his whole life.
    If you know what you want, let me know. I need a big bag of Surf and Turf anyway. I will buy you the replacement bag.....I was headed to the feed store tomorrow. Will you be at work? I will stop by and get you the food. I want to pick up a special toy for Emmitt anyway.

Always with me

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy Food question

I had a similar issue right after Truman came from his hip surgery and developed a raging case of diarrhea. At that time, I had him in grain free, all stages food. My vet recommended giving him at least half puppy food (we give him Innova right now) because sometimes the all stages grain free can be too high in protein, making it harder to digest and also encouraging too much growth too quickly, but as desertsky points out, puppy food has extra fat, iron and other minerals that are important for growth and to develop a mature immune system. This made sense to me so I feed Baby T half Nature's Variety Grain Free and half Innova Puppy and so far it's been really good and he hasn't had any digestive or other problems. So that might be an option for you too!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads