Switching foods ratio

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
So today is the day i finally get my puppy and I know the breeder had him on Purina puppy chow so of course i want to switch to a better brand,im just wondering what the ratio is to adding new food to the old and for how long before he's eating all new stuff.Thanks in advance

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wait a few days to start the switch, then just start a little at a time, minimum over one week. Longer is better! I recommend Fromm puppy, you can order on petflow using our link, expect gas during transition, and a little 100% pure canned pumpkin can help the switch go easier on the tummy :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Owens

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I have the new food and i did go with Fromm, i read somewhere its not a bad idea to for one week mix 1/4 new food next week 1/2 next week 3/4 and then obviously the week after would be all the new stuff,is this good advice to go off of?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has said, wait about a week before changing. you can take about 10 day to do the switch, and it should work out fore you. On about the 5th day you should be at about 50/50.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes thats pretty much it. we do like to wait a bit and let the pup settle in before making any changes. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: I missed this! You got great advice..I take about 10 days..3 days on each level..3/4 old..1/4 new....then 1/2 and 1/2... Then 3/4 new and 1/4 old....then all in! But I would wait a week or two before you switch!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.