Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
thats funny. There isn't afood my pups have ever turned down, ever. But lamb gave cutty some horrid tear stains years ago so I avoid it like the plague now. Sounds to me Sheldon is one lucky pup! ;)

Sheldon has refused he will walk over to his bowl look at it look back at me like "REALLY" this again? Lol I know what your saying I thought I was giving him the best but after reading labels and learning what was good and what wasn't I see the difference. My mother in law doesn't understand why I feed Sheldon expensive dog food she tells me its all the same. I preach label reading to her lol

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sheldon has refused he will walk over to his bowl look at it look back at me like "REALLY" this again? Lol I know what your saying I thought I was giving him the best but after reading labels and learning what was good and what wasn't I see the difference. My mother in law doesn't understand why I feed Sheldon expensive dog food she tells me its all the same. I preach label reading to her lol

Yeah, some people will NEVER get it. Either they don't care to or are just too stubborn.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah, some people will NEVER get it. Either they don't care to or are just too stubborn.
Quite honestly I think its both. In her mind its all the same so it doesn't matter to her if she feeds Gigi a good dog food or a mediocre one. I keep trying to show her the labels and the things that she needs to read and she just shakes her head and says I don't understand all that mumjumbo. Its really frustrating then she wonders why her dog prefers to sit with me or my kids and hubby than her. She isn't mean to Gigi she treats her well and gives her plenty of love its just the food subject that really gets us going. She refuses to try to understand.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have the same trouble with my bf mother. i have bought her good foods and when they are done she will get her other son to go to the grocery store and buy purina dog chow. i think of all the food there that is about the worst almost. i had to go get her something else for her dogs as we did not know if they had allergies to food or fleas. i saw she was low today so i got her some more of what i had gotten before as i knew she would buy the purina dog chow again. its corn corn and more corn. i know the rachael ray nutrish is not fromm but it is better than some of that stuff at food lion. merrick whole earth farms is not bad food and its priced really well for those who cant afford the pricey acana and fromm. ive used it before myself. sometimes our bullies cant eat a 6 star food. i think mine is on a 4 star food but ive been through bout 25 foods with her so ill take it.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
i have the same trouble with my bf mother. i have bought her good foods and when they are done she will get her other son to go to the grocery store and buy purina dog chow. i think of all the food there that is about the worst almost. i had to go get her something else for her dogs as we did not know if they had allergies to food or fleas. i saw she was low today so i got her some more of what i had gotten before as i knew she would buy the purina dog chow again. its corn corn and more corn. i know the rachael ray nutrish is not fromm but it is better than some of that stuff at food lion. merrick whole earth farms is not bad food and its priced really well for those who cant afford the pricey acana and fromm. ive used it before myself. sometimes our bullies cant eat a 6 star food. i think mine is on a 4 star food but ive been through bout 25 foods with her so ill take it.

Isn't it aggravating??? I almost lose my mind!!! Gigi itches and she thinks its fleas and I keep telling her its possibly a food allergy but she won't listen!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Back in the day we didn't know about better foods and nutrition. Heck I remember our pups getting kibble a and bits on a rare occasion and we thought they were being spoiled.

Roxy spent YEARS eating Beneful!!

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Agreed, try a bag of the Fromm Pork and Peas from Petflow (discount AND free shipping).
Walley-Bubba is doing great on it and it alone, no vitamin or salmon oil suppliments.
Honestly, it's such a relief not seeing him grunt for several minutes trying to eliminate the foulest smelling ... well, you get the idea ...

*EDIT*
Oh and thanks Modern Femme for pointing out that EB's are alergic to chicken...and thanks for everyone else here who was so high on Fromm Pork and Peas...it's good stuff!

:ashamed:
Are ALL EB's allergic to chicken? And what are possible signs or allergies... besides itching?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, try a bag of the Fromm Pork and Peas from Petflow (discount AND free shipping).
Walley-Bubba is doing great on it and it alone, no vitamin or salmon oil suppliments.
Honestly, it's such a relief not seeing him grunt for several minutes trying to eliminate the foulest smelling ... well, you get the idea ...

*EDIT*
Oh and thanks Modern Femme for pointing out that EB's are alergic to chicken...and thanks for everyone else here who was so high on Fromm Pork and Peas...it's good stuff!

Are ALL EB's allergic to chicken? And what are possible signs or allergies... besides itching?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
No, I don't think so. Ace is OEB and has no problem with chicken other than he would probably like to have more.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
No, I don't think so. Ace is OEB and has no problem with chicken other than he would probably like to have more.
Sheldon doesn't seem to have a problem with chicken either other than like Ace he would like more. Sometimes we grill chicken and pull a piece apart into shreds and use it for treats for him.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy spent YEARS eating Beneful!!
I really thought Beneful was a good dog food till I started reading all the dogs that have had problems eating it so I stay away from it and I use to think Eukanuba was a good dog food that is what the breeder was feeding Sheldon and he had the worst gas, which is why we changed his food as soon as we got him and I didn't understand until I started really reading nutritional labels on the dog food. I mean we do it as calorie counters on our food but I didn't realize I needed to for him until I actually did start reading the labels and realized as I looked the ingredients up on the internet one by one that just because a food "SAYS" its nutritional doesn't mean it is.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

- - - Updated - - -

Not ALL bulldogs are allergic to chicken :) Like people, all dogs are different. What might effect one will probably not effect another.

My Otis is sensitive to beef. He also doesn't tolerate cherries very well either. I think my Tanker is sensitive to fish. He broke out in horrible hotspots after eating a couple days of Earthborn Coastal Catch. He does fine with beef and pork. But pork makes my Athena dig at her feet. None of my dogs have any sensitivities to chicken.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
This is a topic me and a friend of mine have been battling with for over a month now. We have been doing comparison analysis of the ingredients of all the high quality foods but have not made our final decisions just yet. We have narrowed our search down to three right now so we will see. Good luck on your endeavor and wishing you great success!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sad to say ... but I will put my hand up and say that I too was a Beneful feeder because I thought it was a good choice of food!! Now of course I know better and am a HUGE From supporter!!!

I have started to do home cooking too in the last few months .. and so now I feed half fromm and half home cooked to them all. They love it and I get a lot of satisfaction feeding them!!! :heart:

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!

Feeding him NVI Chicken Meal resulted in black, soft-serve poop that smells God aweful. Also, red face and watery eyes.
These problems have gone away since feeding him Fromm Pork and Peas.

- - - Updated - - -

Feeding him NVI Chicken Meal resulted in black, soft-serve poop that smells God aweful. Also, red face and watery eyes.
These problems have gone away since feeding him Fromm Pork and Peas.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just love seeing my baby happy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.