Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ok I have decided I absolutely LOVE petflow.

Check out their specials before you check out! I've found good grain free treats for 99 cents before! Once I even got dehydrated salmon treats at 90% off!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Check out their specials before you check out! I've found good grain free treats for 99 cents before! Once I even got dehydrated salmon treats at 90% off!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)
Ooohhhhh I did LOL...I found all kinds of stuff to order!!! I found a new food bowl that matches his water bowl and I found toys and Oh just all kinds of good stuff I will probably be a repeat customer repeatedly LOL

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
IMO there is nothing better than Fromm.....Forde is finishing up his first bag, pork & applesauce.....this next time going to get pork & peas.......wish I would have known about this 4 yrs ago :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I will be totally honest. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know about Fromm's and the other great dog foods out there. I am glad I have been educated before getting my first Bully and have been doing a lot of soul searching in memory of one of my past fur babies that had issues all his life and wonder if any of it could have been attributed to his food. Enough of that though... Good luck with the food you choose and remember each bully is different so there may be some trial and error in the process.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have used both and back before they changed formulas candidae worked well for cutty. But it isn't as high a quality food as Fromm so that's why I use Fromm. The $ difference is huge if I remember correctly so if you can't afford to buy Fromm then candidae isn't a bad choice.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have used both and back before they changed formulas candidae worked well for cutty. But it isn't as high a quality food as Fromm so that's why I use Fromm. The $ difference is huge if I remember correctly so if you can't afford to buy Fromm then candidae isn't a bad choice.

I went with Merrick Whole Earth Farms because its got the bigger food the smaller nuggets doesn't seem to fill him up. He seems to fill up better with the bigger food nuggets. I only got the smaller bag at first to see how he does with it.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I will be totally honest. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know about Fromm's and the other great dog foods out there. I am glad I have been educated before getting my first Bully and have been doing a lot of soul searching in memory of one of my past fur babies that had issues all his life and wonder if any of it could have been attributed to his food. Enough of that though... Good luck with the food you choose and remember each bully is different so there may be some trial and error in the process.

I have remorse too Todd over the same thing. Back in the mid 70's I had an AKC Amstaff from a champion pedigree. And I didn't know diddly squat about dog food. I lived in a small rural town and bought the food from an FRM feed store. It was one of their better foods but would be considered crap today. He did well it seems, was strong and robust but now I imagine what he would have been like if he had a quality food. There was no internet and no way of knowing what was good vs bad and I was naïve as well. The higher quality foods that may have existed back then would have been unknown around here anyway and no where to purchase. There are actually today quite a few good quality foods as compared to yesteryear. So much better and better access as well as the ability to make a reasonable choice.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I went with Merrick Whole Earth Farms because its got the bigger food the smaller nuggets doesn't seem to fill him up. He seems to fill up better with the bigger food nuggets. I only got the smaller bag at first to see how he does with it.

haven't usdit but I have seen MANY bully parents feed that one as well. ;)

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
haven't usdit but I have seen MANY bully parents feed that one as well. ;)

I am just so leary of what I feed him because I don't want to upset his digestive system.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I am just so leary of what I feed him because I don't want to upset his digestive system.

It is a good brand and honestly you might go thru a handful before you find what works for you. So long as you r going with a good brand you r fine. Now to see how the reactions are. ;) I have used a good 8 brands I would guess in my trials. Fromm seems to be pretty good for us, not to say others wouldn't be.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It is a good brand and honestly you might go thru a handful before you find what works for you. So long as you r going with a good brand you r fine. Now to see how the reactions are. ;) I have used a good 8 brands I would guess in my trials. Fromm seems to be pretty good for us, not to say others wouldn't be.

When you find one that works you stay with it so far we have gone through five but those are local and really before I really started paying attention to labels and realized I wasn't feeding him the best I could so I have decided to start with the six star stuff and work my way through reading on them and know what fills Sheldon up. Anything with smallish food nuggets won't fill him up the larger food nuggets work well. He does NOT like lamb. He will refuse to eat. Hubby had to mix egg in with his food today to get him to eat then only did so reluctantly. I am finally out of it. Going tomorrow to get something to hold me over till I get his other food. Until the Mr. Shelly Bean gets home cooked food. Going to grill him a couple pieces of chicken and boil him some carrots.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I have remorse too Todd over the same thing. Back in the mid 70's I had an AKC Amstaff from a champion pedigree. And I didn't know diddly squat about dog food. I lived in a small rural town and bought the food from an FRM feed store. It was one of their better foods but would be considered crap today. He did well it seems, was strong and robust but now I imagine what he would have been like if he had a quality food. There was no internet and no way of knowing what was good vs bad and I was naïve as well. The higher quality foods that may have existed back then would have been unknown around here anyway and no where to purchase. There are actually today quite a few good quality foods as compared to yesteryear. So much better and better access as well as the ability to make a reasonable choice.
Back in the day we didn't know about better foods and nutrition. Heck I remember our pups getting kibble a and bits on a rare occasion and we thought they were being spoiled. Lol even when I first got cutty I knew nothing and his breeder said to feed eukanuba :eek: and I was so naive that I thought it was good food. Had to get it at a pet store after all and it wasn't cheap. Thankfully we now r learning better for our babies.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
When you find one that works you stay with it so far we have gone through five but those are local and really before I really started paying attention to labels and realized I wasn't feeding him the best I could so I have decided to start with the six star stuff and work my way through reading on them and know what fills Sheldon up. Anything with smallish food nuggets won't fill him up the larger food nuggets work well. He does NOT like lamb. He will refuse to eat. Hubby had to mix egg in with his food today to get him to eat then only did so reluctantly. I am finally out of it. Going tomorrow to get something to hold me over till I get his other food. Until the Mr. Shelly Bean gets home cooked food. Going to grill him a couple pieces of chicken and boil him some carrots.

thats funny. There isn't afood my pups have ever turned down, ever. But lamb gave cutty some horrid tear stains years ago so I avoid it like the plague now. Sounds to me Sheldon is one lucky pup! ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.