Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: confused

Quote Originally Posted by Starkie View Post
    Agreed, try a bag of the Fromm Pork and Peas from Petflow (discount AND free shipping).
    Walley-Bubba is doing great on it and it alone, no vitamin or salmon oil suppliments.
    Honestly, it's such a relief not seeing him grunt for several minutes trying to eliminate the foulest smelling ... well, you get the idea ...

*EDIT*
    Oh and thanks Modern Femme for pointing out that EB's are alergic to chicken...and thanks for everyone else here who was so high on Fromm Pork and Peas...it's good stuff!

Are ALL EB's allergic to chicken? And what are possible signs or allergies... besides itching?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, try a bag of the Fromm Pork and Peas from Petflow (discount AND free shipping).
    Walley-Bubba is doing great on it and it alone, no vitamin or salmon oil suppliments.
    Honestly, it's such a relief not seeing him grunt for several minutes trying to eliminate the foulest smelling ... well, you get the idea ...

*EDIT*
    Oh and thanks Modern Femme for pointing out that EB's are alergic to chicken...and thanks for everyone else here who was so high on Fromm Pork and Peas...it's good stuff!

Are ALL EB's allergic to chicken? And what are possible signs or allergies... besides itching?

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

No, I don't think so. Ace is OEB and has no problem with chicken other than he would probably like to have more.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    No, I don't think so. Ace is OEB and has no problem with chicken other than he would probably like to have more.
    Sheldon doesn't seem to have a problem with chicken either other than like Ace he would like more. Sometimes we grill chicken and pull a piece apart into shreds and use it for treats for him.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Roxy spent YEARS eating Beneful!!
    I really thought Beneful was a good dog food till I started reading all the dogs that have had problems eating it so I stay away from it and I use to think Eukanuba was a good dog food that is what the breeder was feeding Sheldon and he had the worst gas, which is why we changed his food as soon as we got him and I didn't understand until I started really reading nutritional labels on the dog food. I mean we do it as calorie counters on our food but I didn't realize I needed to for him until I actually did start reading the labels and realized as I looked the ingredients up on the internet one by one that just because a food "SAYS" its nutritional doesn't mean it is.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KarenP View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not ALL bulldogs are allergic to chicken Like people, all dogs are different. What might effect one will probably not effect another.

My Otis is sensitive to beef. He also doesn't tolerate cherries very well either. I think my Tanker is sensitive to fish. He broke out in horrible hotspots after eating a couple days of Earthborn Coastal Catch. He does fine with beef and pork. But pork makes my Athena dig at her feet. None of my dogs have any sensitivities to chicken.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

This is a topic me and a friend of mine have been battling with for over a month now. We have been doing comparison analysis of the ingredients of all the high quality foods but have not made our final decisions just yet. We have narrowed our search down to three right now so we will see. Good luck on your endeavor and wishing you great success!!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Sad to say ... but I will put my hand up and say that I too was a Beneful feeder because I thought it was a good choice of food!! Now of course I know better and am a HUGE From supporter!!!

I have started to do home cooking too in the last few months .. and so now I feed half fromm and half home cooked to them all. They love it and I get a lot of satisfaction feeding them!!!

Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KarenP View Post

Feeding him NVI Chicken Meal resulted in black, soft-serve poop that smells God aweful. Also, red face and watery eyes.
    These problems have gone away since feeding him Fromm Pork and Peas.

- - - Updated - - -

Feeding him NVI Chicken Meal resulted in black, soft-serve poop that smells God aweful. Also, red face and watery eyes.
    These problems have gone away since feeding him Fromm Pork and Peas.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just love seeing my baby happy.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

The thing is, Walley-Bubba was raised on EVO Turkey and Chicken since he was weaned and never showed any of the issues I previously descried although his poop always smelled apalling. But then EVO was recalled (dern P&G) and so we had no choice but to get something else. The NVI Chicken Meal was suggested by several sources and OK'd here too. But the symptoms mentioned previously became more and more apparent as time passed. So we tried the Fromm Pork and Peas with no Salmon oil and no vitamins and with no water (dry). It's amazing to see the difference in his poop which now is always firm and has a light brown colour and hardly smells at all. He still gets a pink face when excited (I guess that's normal with a white faced bulldog) and the tear stains are still far too noticible although his eyes are clearer and the folds are dry so hopefull time will improve that. His coat is also a little smoother without the rough texture he had before and his ears are so soft with no wax anymore too. Hope that helps.

Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

ps forgot to mention, even after giving him his monthly Trifexis, which always caused soft stool, I was so pleased to note that his poop remains consistently firm and odorless more or less.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

ps forgot to mention, even after giving him his monthly Trifexis, which always caused soft stool, I was so pleased to note that his poop remains consistently firm and odorless more or less.
    That's wonderful Sheldon is pretty regular he goes out at 7:30 again between 9:30 and 10 AM and then he is in most of the day goes out again about four we feed him at 6PM then he goes out at 9:30 and again at 11 and we are in for the night and of course my kids take him out to the pool yard (its fenced) to play so we don't have to have him leashed and he can stretch and play

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads