Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Ok everyone I was shopping for a better dog food this morning on petflow.com and I am confused I don't know if I should use Fromm or Canidae both seem like really good foods I just don't know which one to go with any thoughts and opinions are appreciated!:confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Canidae did change their formulas so they seem much better than before, but I like to go with who and what I've gotten successes on, which is Fromm. I'm giving baths this morning and thinking how lucky I am not to have all those skin problems.

But it's awesome to see so many food brands improving their products, they are realizing we care about what our pets eat!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Canidae did change their formulas so they seem much better than before, but I like to go with who and what I've gotten successes on, which is Fromm. I'm giving baths this morning and thinking how lucky I am not to have all those skin problems.

But it's awesome to see so many food brands improving their products, they are realizing we care about what our pets eat!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Exactly I was looking at the foods this morning and I was looking for a food that would be good for Sheldon he really doesn't like what he is eating and Hills doesn't fill him up he is still hungry after he eats it. I want something he likes as well as filling.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Ok everyone I was shopping for a better dog food this morning on petflow.com and I am confused I don't know if I should use Fromm or Canidae both seem like really good foods I just don't know which one to go with any thoughts and opinions are appreciated!:confused:

you are preaching to the choir when it comes to food and confusion, almost everyone here has been confused at one time or another, I have tried just about everything, I do order from petflow and the best I've found so far is Fromm Pork and peas. they love it and we have great results from all twenty paws

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I started out with Canidae and its a good food but I switched because of what I thought may have been a food allergy. Don't know now if it was or not it may have just been that Ace's immune system was still adapting and the allergies may have been his adjusting and environment. He doesn't have any problems now, no tear staining and no pink belly and inner thighs. Currently I am feeding Whole Earth Farms which is made by Merrick. And that makes up about 70 to 80 % of the kibble and the remaining 20 to 30 % Fromm. I went to Fromm exclusively for a while but Ace seemed to be straining more in his bowel movements so I was going to go back to the Canidae and Fromm mix on which he was doing so well. Where I get my food the owner suggested Whole Earth Farms Adult and so then started mixing it with the Fromm and the bowel movements were/are good. I also like the larger kibble size of the Whole Earth Farms over the Fromm which is very small pellets. It smell really good and tastes good too. Yes I taste all their kibble to see what it tastes like to me. If you are looking for a multiple protein source such as Canidae then I would suggest comparing the ingredients to Whole Earth Farms which also has multiple protein sources.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed ours FROMM

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Our Harlea will be on Fromms as that is what she is being given now so we aren't going to change her diet unless we see a problem. My other dog switches between Fromms, Taste of the Wild and Mericks as she is a picky eater and gets bored with flavors quickly.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Agreed, try a bag of the Fromm Pork and Peas from Petflow (discount AND free shipping).
Walley-Bubba is doing great on it and it alone, no vitamin or salmon oil suppliments.
Honestly, it's such a relief not seeing him grunt for several minutes trying to eliminate the foulest smelling ... well, you get the idea ...

*EDIT*
Oh and thanks Modern Femme for pointing out that EB's are alergic to chicken...and thanks for everyone else here who was so high on Fromm Pork and Peas...it's good stuff!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You could also check your area for a natural type pet supply store. We have several around where I live and they give out samples of the various brands and flavors for you to try before you buy. Might be worth a shot.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i would have to pick fromm. canidae is a good food but diamond manufactures some of their foods and their track record for recalls is the worst in the business i think and they just had a recall last year for some products. i steer clear of anything made by them but thats just me.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok the general consensus is Fromm it seems to be a great dog food. I had considered tasting what my dog eats because well if I don't like it how is he suppose to right? So I will be calling around to see if we have any carriers in our town however its unlikely here we have health food stores but Petsense really is all we have in the pet supplies. I even called our farm supply place no go. I will be getting it off Petflow not too mention I don't have to get my fur baby out in the heat because I love taking him with me to the pet store and if I get it from Petflow.com it comes right to my door. YAY!!!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I started out with Canidae and its a good food but I switched because of what I thought may have been a food allergy. Don't know now if it was or not it may have just been that Ace's immune system was still adapting and the allergies may have been his adjusting and environment. He doesn't have any problems now, no tear staining and no pink belly and inner thighs. Currently I am feeding Whole Earth Farms which is made by Merrick. And that makes up about 70 to 80 % of the kibble and the remaining 20 to 30 % Fromm. I went to Fromm exclusively for a while but Ace seemed to be straining more in his bowel movements so I was going to go back to the Canidae and Fromm mix on which he was doing so well. Where I get my food the owner suggested Whole Earth Farms Adult and so then started mixing it with the Fromm and the bowel movements were/are good. I also like the larger kibble size of the Whole Earth Farms over the Fromm which is very small pellets. It smell really good and tastes good too. Yes I taste all their kibble to see what it tastes like to me. If you are looking for a multiple protein source such as Canidae then I would suggest comparing the ingredients to Whole Earth Farms which also has multiple protein sources.
can I get that off Petflow?

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I have decided I absolutely LOVE petflow.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.