Help Needed! Dog Food so many ????

tredmond101

Nov 8, 2012
Tampa Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie Mae
:confused: I have my Sophie mea royal canin I have heard so many NO NO NO not only do I not know what to feed her now . The problem is she woofs her down we have tried so many tricks none have work so that's one of the reason we liked royal canin the big pieces they make her chew, on to the next problem she is a little over weight someone sad something about a green bean diet . So as you she I'm very confused ,someone help Sophie and I .

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Hello and Welcome! Hopefully we can get you some good advice for Sophie. With food every bulldog is different and what works for one will not work for another. A lot of people on here like Fromm. I personally feed Rumble Taste of the Wild. Most will choose a grain free food and will look at the ingredients to determine if that is what they want. I believe green beans can be included as a snack or with the food because they act as a filler so you can feed Sophie less and help her lose weight. Also, there are several posts on slow feed bowls which can help them slow down when eating. We use a slow feed bowl with Rumble. Some also use a slow feed ball that you place in their food dish. I know I have even heard of some using a Kong Wobbler which makes the dog knock the food out of the toy to eat it. We would love to see a picture by the way!

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! If Sophie is doing well on Royal Canin..leave her on it. Some do fine..true, it isnt a very high rated food because it has a lot of fillers and empty calories. As far as her weight..green beans are a snack..not as food. They have no calories and so are good instead of cookies.
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is our food queen...maybe she has some ideas!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok heres the thing. rc may not be the best food but if your dog is doing ok on it then sometimes you just need to let it be. you can always give her a vitamin to make sure she is getting the nutrition she needs. green beans are a great filler and i feed sarah them myself along with some brocolli. some give them frozen but i use the steamer microwave bags and then let them cool and bit and then mix them in with her kibble. as far as slowing the feeding lots have tried and i believe the slow feed bowls and balls have been mentioned as well as hand feeding and well its not popular but i feed sarah out of a raised food bowl as she chokes alot if i dont but they say it causes bloat but i have not seen any evidence of a problem with sarah so ill continue to use it. keep us updated and if you need more help just shout.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.