General Question Fromm 4 star ok for 8 week old pup?

kloughlin

Jun 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo, Oliver
* Update: Just found the answer in another thread on the 4th page in this section! I'll start with Fromm puppy and transition to 4 star when he's a little older! Also got ACV, Grizzly Fish Oil and plain yogurt on my shopping list!

Hi everyone. New to the forum, and have already read so much great stuff...so much info, it's a little overwhelming! I will be bringing home my new baby Oliver in a few days. He will be 8 weeks old. After starting research on the forums, I picked up some Fromm 4 Star Beef Fritatta food. (My local pet store JUST started carrying it, AND I got a free 5 lb bag of pork and applesauce with a coupon. Score!)
I have a 6 year old Olde English Bulldogge now (Hugo, my #1 son :)), and I switched him to the Fromm from Blue Buffalo, and there has been an instant improvement in his poops! I was thinking that it would be awesome if I could feed both my OEB and my new EB pup the same food...My question is, even though the Fromm is all life stages food, is 8 weeks too young? Should I get some Fromm puppy food to start with?

After reading so many posts about food allergies in EBs, I know I might have to play the trial and error game with food. I'm hoping things go smoothly with Oliver. My OEB was so quick to housebreak and train as a puppy, and though a bully breed, OEBs tend to have fewer issues with skin (fewer wrinkles) and digestion...it's one of the reasons we started our bully family with an OEB so we could ease our way into the bully lifestyle:D and now we are super excited for our new baby and a brother for Hugo! I'm sure I'll be on here with lots more questions in the coming weeks!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad you got your answer already, just wanted to say hi!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake was put on an All Stage Food at 11 weeks...by our vet..we transitioned off Iams Puppy that breeder used :eek: straight to Fromm. He did great..and it IS for "puppies to Adults". But you can't go wrong with Fomm puppy either..my vet is a stickler for slow growth!

Ohhhhh and :welcome: So exciting to get a new family member! :D

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
there are those that use all stages food at 4 months or even 3 but i think 6 months on puppy food is standard. so glad you joined and got your answer already :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The main reason I use puppy food until they are at least six months old is because I find the all stages food to be very lean.

In the end, no matter which food you choose and when you decide to switch, your bulldog should even out after a year.

Since puppies have more energy they seem to lose weight faster, which is why I prefer the puppy food for a longer period of time, because it has more fat in it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has given great advice..... good luck with your new bully boy

OP
kloughlin

kloughlin

Jun 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo, Oliver
Thank everyone! I ended up getting Fromm large breed puppy food, as that was all they carried at my store. I think I saw some other posts on here that people had used large breed puppy in a pinch. I'm slowly transitioning him from Prism, which the breeder had him on. He poops like a champ and has an insane amount of energy!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank everyone! I ended up getting Fromm large breed puppy food, as that was all they carried at my store. I think I saw some other posts on here that people had used large breed puppy in a pinch. I'm slowly transitioning him from Prism, which the breeder had him on. He poops like a champ and has an insane amount of energy!

It is the Fromm Puppy in the PINK bag that you want. That is a wise decision on your part. I believe that puppy food has essentials that a puppy needs that an adult doesn't. We currently have a 15 week old we are giving Fromm Puppy to and a 6.5 yr. old that gets the Fromm Pork and peas, grain free food. I suggest that if you have more than one, separate them for feeding to be sure the puppy is getting all his food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online