HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
So does anyone remember when I started to to use ACV on the dogs in the food and water. Well Colonel started to loose hair on his sides. So I stopped it weeks/month ago but the boy isn't any better. And I can't remember when we changed over to 4health grain free beef.. Think maybe I was doing to much :( at once. Well he still is iching like mad and is going bald...

BeBe is doing great on the food and has less gas and putting weigh on.. :happydance:

Long story short I found a place localish where I can get FROMM from and decided to try it out.. I got the pork and apple sause and will start the transition tomorrow. I am also going to take daily pics and try and make notes on how he does. If things don't get better Im gonna break down and allergy test him.

I was reading another post how someones vet said the hair loss was due to the thyroid being outta wack?

Any suggestions :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I sure hope it helps! Thyroid can and does cause lots of skin probems. It's a simple test and an easy fix if it's that..well, not easy..but cheap medication forever. :)

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I sure hope it helps! Thyroid can and does cause lots of skin probems. It's a simple test and an easy fix if it's that..well, not easy..but cheap medication forever. :)

Going to cross fingers and see how the new food will effect him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could also be seasonal alopecia.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My older bully would lose the hair on her sides every fall & spring... The vet determined it was seasonal alopecia. Her nose would run too, and I would give her Benadryl on her bad days. I never had her thyroid tested, and I never even thought of it being a food issue! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION] Fromm has a pork based that is grain free too. Since you have him grain free you may want to stay that route, just a thougt. I am pretty sure the Pork/Applesauce is NOT grain free.... Pork and Peas is.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION] Fromm has a pork based that is grain free too. Since you have him grain free you may want to stay that route, just a thougt. I am pretty sure the Pork/Applesauce is NOT grain free.... Pork and Peas is.

Well crap i already opened it. Ill see how he does and keep a close eye for reactions

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well crap i already opened it. Ill see how he does and keep a close eye for reactions

Take it back... most places with do a switch for you -- ask, the worst they will do is say no

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well if its open you could use it or take it back if your set on grain free. there are some here who use the regular 4 star to.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.