Help Needed! Thinking about a switch

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How much do you feed of this food?? The bag says 3-4 cups?!?! Winston is 60 lbs and not extremely active...he only gets two cups of the limited ingredient food! Do you think sticking with 2 cups will be good for him?? 3-4 just seems like ALOT lol!

Banks is also 60lbs... 1 cup in the AM and 1 cup in the PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
So far, so good. We only went for three days on a 50-50 mix of the old NVI Chicken and the new Fromm Pork and Peas and no Salmon Oil or Vitamin Supplement. Poops have changed colour from almost black soft serve back to light brown-yellow firm stool. So he is now on 100% Fromm Pork and Peas. We will re-introduce the Salmon Oil and the Vitamin supplement in a week or so if his stool remains good.

Pardon me, but I've always wanted to do this...
FROMM FROMM FROMM, RAH RAH OOO-RAH!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So far, so good. We only went for three days on a 50-50 mix of the old NVI Chicken and the new Fromm Pork and Peas and no Salmon Oil or Vitamin Supplement. Poops have changed colour from almost black soft serve back to light brown-yellow firm stool. So he is now on 100% Fromm Pork and Peas. We will re-introduce the Salmon Oil and the Vitamin supplement in a week or so if his stool remains good.

Pardon me, but I've always wanted to do this...
FROMM FROMM FROMM, RAH RAH OOO-RAH!

Glad to hear he is doing well on it!! I hope to be able to report back with good news on this too!

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Please note, we have not added either the Salmon Oil or the Vitamins.

Walley-Bubba has been on the new Fromm Pork and Peas for almost a week.
His poops are medium brown not black as before and they are well-formed every single time.
His poops don't stink like they did before. They were really stinky before. WB used to run form them, me too LOL
He still has tear stains but his eyes are clear now and the white part has hardly any blood vessels visible now.
He doesn't seem to be shedding as much as before but that could be coincidental or even seasonal.
He doesn't have any gas although he didn't have much before.
He seems to enjoy the new food and cleans the bowl as quickly as ever.
He gets a two cup scoop twice a day.

So we will keep him on the new Fromm Pork and Peas.
And skip the Salmon Oil and Vitamins for a while.

Thats it.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have recently been having more issues with tear stains on Amber than normal and now that we have Ruby who has a 3/4 white face I really pay attention to the tear stains. I usually home cook for both of them but Ruby was experiencing really dark tear stains and Ambers tail pocket was a little inflamed for several days. I figured it must be seasonal allergies and started watching their food more; I also use Blue Buffalo in a pinch when I am pressed for time to cook or am on the road for my job. Nothing was working so I started doing research on some different food choices; I took both of them off Blue Buffalo completely and cooked for them but no change in the amount of tear stains (2 1/2 weeks of watching them) and Amber was still having a few issues with the tail pocket. So I stripped their diet and took away the beef, chicken, and all other meats except for fish (swali from Wal-mart at $8.99 on sale). I broiled the fish and put limited amounts of vegetables along with eggs (I usually put a small amount of rice in it but cut that too). I have had both of them on a fish, veggies, eggs, and dried blueberries (I buy boxes of dried fruit: strawberries and blueberries) for a few weeks now and Ambers tail pocket issues are resolved and her tear stains are much better. Ruby is gaining weight like she should and is 29 pounds right now at almost 5 months old. Another thing I have noticed is neither of them have any gas. I still put yogurt or cottage cheese in their food and I am researching the grain free dog foods that are sea food based right now to use when my husband has to take care of them when I am on the road. I haven't found one yet but have narrowed my search down to Wellness Core Ocean, Canidae Pure Sea, and one or two others. I am not 100% sure which one I will try (I am leaning towrds the Wellness Core Ocean) but I do know right now the limited diet with fish as the main ingredient is working wonders for mine during this seasonal allergy thing. Good luck in finding the right mix for yours, just know you are not alone in your quest for the right combination.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank so much everyone! Winston has been on the Fromm Pork & Peas for 2 days now. 1/4 cup mixed with 3/4 of a cup of NVI! No changes yet but it has not been long enough, all though I did notice he seems a little less red in the face but we have stopped giving him the NVI wet food also, so maybe its starting to work! I will know as time goes on but I do know he LOVES it lol.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im glad he is doing better. sarah is down to 2 proteins now chicken and salmon so yes they can be allergic to all those proteins. she cannot have lamb rabbit pork or beef. i sure hope this works out for you but if not im around .

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
aw im glad he is doing better. sarah is down to 2 proteins now chicken and salmon so yes they can be allergic to all those proteins. she cannot have lamb rabbit pork or beef. i sure hope this works out for you but if not im around .

Thank you!! So far he seems to be doing great with the Pork. Pork & Bison are the only proteins we have not tried so I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this one works for him! He is on 1/2 and 1/2 right now, tomorrow he goes to 3/4 Pork & Peas, 1/4 NVI so by next week he will be 100% switched over. Fingers crossed!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.