Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
Hello! It's been a while since I've posted on this site, but I saw your post on Facebook and just wanted to offer my help. My boy went through the EXACT same issues at almost the same age. He did great on Fromm's beef frittata from 4 mo until just over a year old. Then he started getting yeasty nose rope, runny eyes, etc...so with lots of advice we also switch to Nature Variety, since it is not potato based. He did better for a while, but not as we'll as I thought he needed to be. So I tried home cooking. He loved it, but it didn't love him. Then he started experiencing vomiting and diarrhea. The time had come to get vet involved. He was given meds for his tummy, steroids to calm his allergies and Royal Canin HP (hydrolized protein) to eat. The proteins are supposed to be so small that they don't caused allergic reactions. I was not happy about the RC, as it is not rated as a very high quality food, but figured I had to at least try it. At first all was good (due to steroids) but as the days went by the allergies got worse. His face was raw from the watery eyes, his paws were itchy, he was gaining weight and never seemed satisfied after eating, like he did when he was eating Fromms. ENOUGH...I began looking for new food options and was directed by another Bully mom to Nutrisca Salmon. It is chick pea based so it doesn't cause yeast issues and salmon is less likely to be an allergic protein. He loves it! He just finished his first full bag and has never looked better! His face is no longer wet, his feet doesn't itch, his waist is back, skin and coat are excellent and I'm happy knowing he is getting a 4 star food again. One small catch - I can't find Nutrisca locally, but its readily available through Amazon at a good price, delivered to my door in 2 days, so it's not a real problem. I hope you find this info helpful. Best of luck to you and your pup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
So glad to hear you found a great food! Doesn't petflow carry Nutrisca?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk