Help Needed! Puppy Not Eating

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ya! Jake only got 1/2-3/4 cup 3 times a day....good catch Lisa!

Im glad she's doing better..was it forte flora? A probiotic for the digestive track? Jake had that as a pup..now we just use yogurt.. What kibble did you come home with?

OP
RoxyRoller

RoxyRoller

Jun 11, 2013
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] :
In reality Iā€™m feeding more like 3-1/2 cups, 3 times a day as per the bags instructions:

Recommended Feeding Portions (Cups per Day): Puppy Aged Three Months
35 lb. adult target weight: 2 3/4
40 lb. adult target weight: 3
44 lb. adult target weight: 3 1/4
49 lb. adult target weight: 3 1/3
53 lb. adult target weight: 3 2/3
57 lb. adult target weight: 3 3/4
62 lb. adult target weight: 3 3/4
66 lb. adult target weight: 4

I do give it to her as treats, so I figured if I round it to about 4 that would be about right.

Thank you for bringing this up though, as I now realize that I was WAAAAY overfeeding her. I was going off of the 50 pound target when sheā€™s probably only going to be about 40 pounds!! Poor baby, now I feel like a horrible mom, she was just sick of food :ashamed:!!

As of today (and after we finish the bland food) I will change her food amounts accordingly. I did feel that when I was uping her food that it seemed like too much, but, I figured it was on the bag so it must be right ā€“ and it was, just my error!!
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] :

Yes, thatā€™s the name forte flora!!! Thank you!!

They gave me i/dĀ® Low Fat GI Restore Canine - Dry, Iā€™m a little worried using it because I looked at the ingredients and it has a lot of corn, but sheā€™s only on it for a little bit not long term and its to be mixed with the chicken and then her regular dog food. It is just a small bag :) so won't last really long.

Alicia & Roxy

(I apologize ahead of time is this is a bit rambley or all over the place, I had to re-type it 3 times because my computer kept crashing - I think my eyes are starting to cross:blink:!!)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well...:whew: that will definitely make a huge difference! And one thing..don't follow the feeding instructions on the bag! Funny how the manufacturer always wants you to feed them MORE! Full grown Bully's usually get a cup in am and a cup in pm...ID is not for long term...for sure. Think your mystery has been solved...now to just get her on a good food...:)

OP
RoxyRoller

RoxyRoller

Jun 11, 2013
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Well...:whew: that will definitely make a huge difference! And one thing..don't follow the feeding instructions on the bag! Funny how the manufacturer always wants you to feed them MORE! Full grown Bully's usually get a cup in am and a cup in pm...ID is not for long term...for sure. Think your mystery has been solved...now to just get her on a good food...:)

Thank goodness too!!!

Wow, 1-2 cups for full grown, yikes, she would've been ginormous if I kept feeding her the way I was!

There is a natural pet food store close by somewhere, I plan on stopping by there this week or next, they say they carry Fromm products :D, here's hoping I find something good.

Alicia & Roxy

Members online

No members online now.