Alicia
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy Not Eating

Good Morning Everyone,

Just thought I would update, I was going to yesterday, as I was on, but just for brief moments so didn't get a chance.

Roxy came back from the vets with a clean bill of health, they were going to take blood work but decided not to as she seemed fine in every way other than not eating. So we are going to hold off for a little bit on that. So she was given something to help her tummy if it was indeed upset (which seemed to help last night) & I was also sent home with some probiotics and one other thing, Florenty (?) or something can't remember the name exactly it is suppose to help with the on and off diarrhea & a bag of kibble.

Since yesterday though she is doing much better, she is a bit more interested in eating, I'm still giving her brown rice and chicken and I'll put a small handful of mixed kibble on her kennel floor just before I leave to get her in her kennel and she happily inhales it - not if I put it in her bowl though...picky? No more puking whatsoever and her poops have been normal since.

So maybe I do just have an extremely picky eater who would rather eat off the floor then from her bowl?? Such a goof!!

-strathcona-county-20130525-00369-jpg This about sums up what she thought of everything I think

Alicia & Roxy

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@RoxyRoller That's good that she was given a clean bill. I love that pic and the quote you put!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hey there! Something struck me in your first post-- the amount you are feeding. Is that 1 1/4c 3 times a day as in 4 cups total per day?

That seems like a lot of food to me for a fourteen week old puppy, she may be just bloated from too much food?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Ya! Jake only got 1/2-3/4 cup 3 times a day....good catch Lisa!

Im glad she's doing better..was it forte flora? A probiotic for the digestive track? Jake had that as a pup..now we just use yogurt.. What kibble did you come home with?

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxy
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs :
    In reality Im feeding more like 3-1/2 cups, 3 times a day as per the bags instructions:

Recommended Feeding Portions (Cups per Day): Puppy Aged Three Months
    35 lb. adult target weight: 2 3/4
    40 lb. adult target weight: 3
    44 lb. adult target weight: 3 1/4
    49 lb. adult target weight: 3 1/3
    53 lb. adult target weight: 3 2/3
    57 lb. adult target weight: 3 3/4
    62 lb. adult target weight: 3 3/4
    66 lb. adult target weight: 4

I do give it to her as treats, so I figured if I round it to about 4 that would be about right.

Thank you for bringing this up though, as I now realize that I was WAAAAY overfeeding her. I was going off of the 50 pound target when shes probably only going to be about 40 pounds!! Poor baby, now I feel like a horrible mom, she was just sick of food !!

As of today (and after we finish the bland food) I will change her food amounts accordingly. I did feel that when I was uping her food that it seemed like too much, but, I figured it was on the bag so it must be right and it was, just my error!!
    @JAKEISGREAT :

Yes, thats the name forte flora!!! Thank you!!

They gave me i/d Low Fat GI Restore Canine - Dry, Im a little worried using it because I looked at the ingredients and it has a lot of corn, but shes only on it for a little bit not long term and its to be mixed with the chicken and then her regular dog food. It is just a small bag so won't last really long.

Alicia & Roxy

(I apologize ahead of time is this is a bit rambley or all over the place, I had to re-type it 3 times because my computer kept crashing - I think my eyes are starting to cross!!)

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Well... that will definitely make a huge difference! And one thing..don't follow the feeding instructions on the bag! Funny how the manufacturer always wants you to feed them MORE! Full grown Bully's usually get a cup in am and a cup in pm...ID is not for long term...for sure. Think your mystery has been solved...now to just get her on a good food...

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well... that will definitely make a huge difference! And one thing..don't follow the feeding instructions on the bag! Funny how the manufacturer always wants you to feed them MORE! Full grown Bully's usually get a cup in am and a cup in pm...ID is not for long term...for sure. Think your mystery has been solved...now to just get her on a good food...

Thank goodness too!!!

Wow, 1-2 cups for full grown, yikes, she would've been ginormous if I kept feeding her the way I was!

There is a natural pet food store close by somewhere, I plan on stopping by there this week or next, they say they carry Fromm products , here's hoping I find something good.

Alicia & Roxy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads