Food advice please!!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I'm good the last two days I have been food shopping for Jagger. I feel like I have been to 100 different stores. I found Merrick (5 in ratings) that is grain and chicken free and is all stages. I am going use the one that has buffalo in it. This week Jagger will stick to the bland diet and I will start adding kibble Friday. I appreciate all the help and we shall see how adding a little
Kibble at a time goes.
well thats cool but the buffalo one has chicken meal in it just so ya know. the duck and pork one does not contain chicken. good luck.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Phew ... welcome to the world of finding the right food for your bully. It's like stepping through a minefield. :blink:

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Sounds like we will be doing the pork. My goodness... I hadn't bought any food yet, planned on going this next weekend and actually getting one. But thank you for point out it has chicken meal. U do feel as though I'm in a minefield, but I know it's all for Jaggers's best interest.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
We are still going strong. Last night was the first time Jagger had a little kibble with his bland diet. Seemed to go well. After a while I got really concerned his stomach had bloated. Then my better half finally confessed he had left the puppy gate open and Jagger ate the cat food. We are back on track and Jagger is running around like his normal self. I decided on Merrick food. It's the one with real Texas beef and sweet potatoe. It's grain and chicken free.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Well, I gave up on dog food!!! Jagger now eats homemade dog food along with a supplement and a scoop full of pumpkin daily. And he is now off the prescription allergy medicine and only taking Benadryl for his grass allergy. He now eats boiled hamburger and rice, with peas, cooked egged with the shells ground up along with pumpkin and a supplement and he is doing great!!!! No more yucky bathroom issues and the rash that was always coming up on his tummy is gone!!!!

Most Reactions