Food advice please!!!!

LoriSmith

Jun 11, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cici
Hi JennyeStear- sorry to hear Jagger is having a tough time in his 4 months. That's so rough on everyone! I'm Lori and I want to first tell you that I work for Science Diet. Seeing your post, I wanted to extend an hand and offer my help. Science Diet lamb meal and rice is a good food that is easy to digest - which is good for your little guy. Have you tried it for him yet? Being that he is so young, there may be other options that will help support his growing body and still address the digestive concerns. If your vet hasn't talked to you about Prescription Diet i/d , you may want to ask about that for Jagger.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
He is currently on science diet lamb and rice and is still have soft poop and my vet will not let me buy any science diet for him except for the puppy food and I am not willing to switch his food yet again. He has had enough trauma and change. I am going to start boiling chicken and rice tonight and continue this for at least 2 weeks and hopefully with the help of a few veteran and informed bulldog owners and my I vet can decided on a more natural sensitive food for him.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hi JennyeStear- sorry to hear Jagger is having a tough time in his 4 months. That's so rough on everyone! I'm Lori and I want to first tell you that I work for Science Diet. Seeing your post, I wanted to extend an hand and offer my help. Science Diet lamb meal and rice is a good food that is easy to digest - which is good for your little guy. Have you tried it for him yet? Being that he is so young, there may be other options that will help support his growing body and still address the digestive concerns. If your vet hasn't talked to you about Prescription Diet i/d, you may want to ask about that for Jagger.
Hey Lori, I'm Dave, Welcome, nice to see you here.... May I ask your connection with science diet? Sales?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi JennyeStear- sorry to hear Jagger is having a tough time in his 4 months. That's so rough on everyone! I'm Lori and I want to first tell you that I work for Science Diet. Seeing your post, I wanted to extend an hand and offer my help. Science Diet lamb meal and rice is a good food that is easy to digest - which is good for your little guy. Have you tried it for him yet? Being that he is so young, there may be other options that will help support his growing body and still address the digestive concerns. If your vet hasn't talked to you about Prescription Diet i/d, you may want to ask about that for Jagger.

Hi Lori! You might want to check out our Dog Food Ratings page. You will see Science Diet is one of the lowest rated foods. It is full of fillers and by products. Most vets don't study nutrition and only know what the Sales Reps tell them. Our ratings are based on real ingredients. Now...I'm certain there are cases where Science Diet is ok for a temporary problem..certainly not for a long term food.

LoriSmith

Jun 11, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cici
He is currently on science diet lamb and rice and is still have soft poop and my vet will not let me buy any science diet for him except for the puppy food and I am not willing to switch his food yet again. He has had enough trauma and change. I am going to start boiling chicken and rice tonight and continue this for at least 2 weeks and hopefully with the help of a few veteran and informed bulldog owners and my I vet can decided on a more natural sensitive food for him.

You're so right. Hope the little guy gets to feeling better very soon. Good luck!

LoriSmith

Jun 11, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cici
Hey Lori, I'm Dave, Welcome, nice to see you here.... May I ask your connection with science diet? Sales?

Hi Dave - thanks! Actually, my role at Hill's is currently in social media, however most of my time has been as a trainer.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Lori, did you train others in the social media side of the business?

I guess about 30 years ago, I used Science diet, and my Vet was very up front about it, I understood he got a percentage of everything he sold, and as he stated, "It's just as good if not better than anything out there" ! and at the time, He was being very honest, and very up front, and that's how he earned his living, by being a straight shooter, Guessing thats what we all look for in our personal doctors, and personal veterinarians also. Times have changed, and the nutritional part of our pets diets are suffering. Just as I see all the mothers and wives out their at Wal-Marts and other stores reading the labels, That's basically what we do for our Pets. We seek the best food out there for our pets, and compare ingredients, and especially in bullies they have many allergies, So we have to sometimes avoid, chicken, most times avoid Grain, at all times avoid feeding our pets Junk Food. Just last week, I ran into a Bully owner at Pet-Smart, and he was amazed at my Rocky's coat, His health, his tearless stained eyes, and asked me why he was so small. lol Thats easy, I feed my Bully nutritious foods, I don't eat dailey at McDonalds, and I don't expect my Rocky to eat there either. I eat a well balanced meal, and when I eat junk, like everyone else, I'm running to the bathroom. My Rocky is right at 50 lbs, very well defined waist line, and enjoys pouncing around the house, and jumps in the air to catch a frisbie. Well this guys Bully was 75 lbs, and a sleeper, both about the same age. So I'll ask you, which one is healthier, the one that eats a nutritious diet and gets exercise, or the one who eats Royal Canine and sleeps all day? Now I'm not about to say Science Diet is the worst food out their, But I will say, and expect you to agree, theirs a lot more nutritious foods out there for our pets…… And our jobs as the Parents to our pets is a lot like a mothers is to an infant, We pick and choose what our babies eat….. and I feel the life span of a Bully by general consensus is way to short….. If I can feed my boy more healthy, and spend an extra bit of time with him, then that's what I want to do, It's nothing to do with money, I don't get a vacation, or percentage of selling anything, what I do get is more time with my Baby. So as I might always have done for myself, I've taken on that parent responsibility to my baby…. and mind you, he might like eating salad as much as eating ice cream, but I guarantee you he will be healthier in the long run. And as JennyeStear as a question about her bully, we have nothing to gain or nothing to profit by giving her false information. This sight is unlike any other site you've ever been on, This site is all about loving and spoiling our babies, it's truly about the love for our pets. That being said, is why the question was asked, As none of us are willing to be purchased by any pet food company, If I find tomorrow a food better than what I have my Rocky on today, you can believe it's all about his health, because that saves me in allergies, ailments, moody days, and the unexplained diarrhea. I'll go a step further and ask, why didn't this vet do an allergy test on her baby to find out if something in the food was causing this instead of trying to sell a cure all, fix all food, The same thing over and over. Lori, if it was that good, it would listed as a 6 star food on our ratings board, as well as other ratings boards. Now again not knowing the whole situation, it may be that it was only meant to be a short term diet, But what Parent is going to treat their kids out to Taco Bell or Dairy Queen every day. I don't mean to be mean about what I'm saying…… But I'm stating their is a HELL OF A LOT BETTER FOODS out there for our pets, and for that reason, we want to help every bully out their seek the best diet, and just because it's great for one Bully doesn't make it the best for a second bully family either. Many of our members have 2 or even 3 bully's and are on different foods, for different allergies/reasons. The icing on the cake is for both bullies to love a 6 star diet, Dang I couldn't be happier, but we all know thats not realistic either.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I want to thank everyone for the HELPFUL information and support. I spent my evening boiling chicken and rice. Jagger got his first bland meal of half cup chicken, half cup of rice and a spoonful of cottage cheese. He absolutely loves it. I plan on feeding him this twice daily and then a snack of cottage cheese and applesauce (small amount). I al bought some all natural chicken treats to hide his Benadryl in. I really hope this works. (Fingers crossed)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I want to thank everyone for the HELPFUL information and support. I spent my evening boiling chicken and rice. Jagger got his first bland meal of half cup chicken, half cup of rice and a spoonful of cottage cheese. He absolutely loves it. I plan on feeding him this twice daily and then a snack of cottage cheese and applesauce (small amount). I al bought some all natural chicken treats to hide his Benadryl in. I really hope this works. (Fingers crossed)

I will be hoping and hoping he settles down! It's so tough to see them not be their best! Just a word of caution..lots and lots of our Bully's are allergic to chicken...even in treats! And please ..whatever you do...no Jerky treats..natural or not! Dogs are getting very sick and some have died. Another "China" thing..please keep us informed! :begging:

The bland diet with chicken should be ok..it's an allergy to the chicken treats I'd be watching!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"

Jennye, Please keep us posted, everyone here wants to see your Bully do Good, it's our one love in life…. you can see on my profile my Rocky, He should be the Pet-Smart greeter, his only goal in life is to make as many friends as possible…. This is just my story, and every member on here have their own…. We love our Bully's and with so many of them on here, we've found that some one at some point has had the same problem at some point, none of these problems are unique, Loving your Pet the way you do is……. We truly love our Pets……."Notice Inever use the "D" word…. He is my Kid" !!! and I love him with all my heart, just as everyone else does theirs on here….. and the sincerity of this is picked up on by everyone…… I want the best for my Bully and at the same time, if I can share something to help yours…. I'm all in !! I'll look foreword to seeing you around a lot more, and reading your posts…. :yes:

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Jagger has had supper and breakfast on the bland diet. The chicken treats I bought are all natural made in the USA, human food grade treats. He has only had 2. And so far so good. I haven't had to take him out a lot for poop breaks. ( he actually hasn't pooped at all yet which is amazing) Also, he seems to be a lot more energized, last night he literally ran circles round my friends police car in the driveway. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen and the most energetic I have ever seen him :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats fantastic. lets hope when he does :poo: its better than it was. :)

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Well he did finally go to the bathroom this morning and it was diarrhea :( I hope the next few days get better. If not I may need to do the boiled hamburger and rice. It very well may be the chicken that is causing his tummy issue. This process of elimination is hard. I want him to be better, guess this is where the virtue of patience is supposed to kick in :/

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
That may be a better ingredient than the chicken actually. Did you put a tablespoon of canned Pumpkin in too.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I did not do the pumpkin. I do have a can of 100% natural pumpkin. I'm going to give him a little longer with the chicken. I feel bad changing what he eats so much. He doesn't seem to mind he just really likes food. Starting with his next feeding I will start giving him pumpkin. Thanks

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.