new food and waste

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
because if i feed him too much wouldnt his poop be loose? , but his poop is firm. the old food protien is 37% , crude fat is 20%, crude fiber is 3.5 (same as this new food). and he just pooped one more time that made it 5x already...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok i just gotta say it. if your dog is pooping that much and if its alot of poop to then there is something your dog is eating that is not agreeing with him. a dogs :poo: tells the story. he could look fine otherwise but if hes is going that often and that much then the food is going right through him. you have to look at everything though are you feeding treats and such or people food (not that its a bad thing). your dog should be going like 2-3 times a day and very small amounts. you could try cutting back on how much your feeding just to check if thats it. perhaps if i knew what nutrisca and natures logic and stuff you have used as in protein and such i could help more. you sound very close to the perfect food just not quite. you can try another limited ingredient nvi to see if its the protein. they have several others.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
he goes to poop alot but doesnt poop alot , just like 2 lil poop about one in each time. I dont feed him human foods, and I give him the same treats last 6 months maybe 3 treats a week. I posted pic of nature variety info above and this is nutrisca last food I fed him. protien is 37% , crude fat is 20%, crude fiber is 3.5 (same as nature variety) so this new food have less protein than any others food I fed him (fromm nvi...etc.) been two weeks already, he still poop lot. took him to tje vets twice, they said hes ok. Nothing but good thing happened with this new food, just the pooping part. lol . ill try and see if he get used to this new food and maybe cut down the pooping for next two weeks. thanks

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.