new food and waste

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
feeding major nature variety lamb. which I think is the perfect food so far for him. no yeast, healthy coat....but just one thing he poop everytime he goes outside. back then with others food he inly poop like twice max a day. now 5-6x a day from small to long poop. any ideas? Thanks.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
feeding major nature variety lamb. which I think is the perfect food so far for him. no yeast, healthy coat....but just one thing he poop everytime he goes outside. back then with others food he inly poop like twice max a day. now 5-6x a day from small to long poop. any ideas? Thanks.

Interesting.....I switched Forde from blue buffalo lamb & rice to Fromm pork and applesauce over a month ago....he loves it...I love it..it's the best....BUT, he also poops ( still solid like always) almost everytime i take him out so i would be very interested in the answers here too......:whistle:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn and Tate are eating NVI LID Lamb also; funny you brought this topic up b/c I noticed that Finn has been pooping more frequently also. Before I was doing home cooking for him and he'd go 2-3 times a day. This a.m. he went three times already! The poops were well formed and not a whole but it still made me curious. I think Tate is going his usual 2-3 times a day but then again, I'm transitioning him back to homecooking for other reasons. Looking at some reviews on the Lamb LID, people have complained of constipation w/their dogs. Obviously not the case here. Other than the poops, Finn seems to be doing well on this food.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
yep,poop still firm, everything is normal just poop a lot lol.kinda like he mark his territory with poop instead of pee lol...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It must have a lot of filler in it.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
it doesnt have much fillers, guess I just wait and see if he get use to the food. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
he's a year and 5 months, but I beeen switching.him.foods but never he poop like this.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
he's a year and 5 months, but I beeen switching.him.foods but never he poop like this.

Well..honestly..I hate changing foods a lot..but if you see any other problems, I would try another protein. They are all o different it's mind numbing! Honestly, the better foods shouldn't make him go more! Makes me think something is going right through him!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My guess is that you are feeding more than needed perhaps... How many cups per day does he eat? Also right after a switch it takes time to get steady.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
he only get 2.5 cups a day same thing with others food but this one is less protein source so its not that way the i feed him, but if its right after i switched food, how come it doesnt happened with other food that i switched it? its been two weeks already. i would hate to change food again, bc this one is so good for him. and he pooped inside today which he never does :(.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
he only get 2.5 cups a day same thing with others food but this one is less protein source so its not that way the i feed him, but if its right after i switched food, how come it doesnt happened with other food that i switched it? its been two weeks already. i would hate to change food again, bc this one is so good for him. and he pooped inside today which he never does :(.

He is obviously having issues with this food. I once switched Jake to NVI salmon..and in 2 days of still doing a slow transition I noticed problems! He didn't even get the full cup of the new food! I took him off it immediately..back on his old food..and waited a few months before trying a different food. He did very well on it and I chalked it up to no salmon for Jake..or chicken..:bang: I think you know it probably isn't the right match for him. Just because it's a good food..means nothing for every Bully..I wouldn't worry about why and just get him back on the food he did well on..maybe with a few days of the bland diet to help keep his tummy calm.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
well other food is nothing but problems for him this one is the best, healthy coat, yeast is getting better, no scratching. like i said before i think this is the food for him but he just poop alot, he poop 3 more time already since this morning. fromm made him have hair loss and dry skin, nutrisca gave him yeasty face and feet , Nature's Logic gave himyeast and dry skin. so im still wonder why he still poop a lot

20130604_232121_zps0c4d6675.jpg

this is the info for new food, nothing is out of ordinary .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

maybe cut back to just 2 cups a day... see if it makes a difference. But there could be an ingredient in this food not in the others or higher on the ingredient list that he has issue with

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online