Thread: new food and waste

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: new food and waste

Quote Originally Posted by xskyzx View Post
    he only get 2.5 cups a day same thing with others food but this one is less protein source so its not that way the i feed him, but if its right after i switched food, how come it doesnt happened with other food that i switched it? its been two weeks already. i would hate to change food again, bc this one is so good for him. and he pooped inside today which he never does .
    He is obviously having issues with this food. I once switched Jake to NVI salmon..and in 2 days of still doing a slow transition I noticed problems! He didn't even get the full cup of the new food! I took him off it immediately..back on his old food..and waited a few months before trying a different food. He did very well on it and I chalked it up to no salmon for Jake..or chicken.. I think you know it probably isn't the right match for him. Just because it's a good food..means nothing for every Bully..I wouldn't worry about why and just get him back on the food he did well on..maybe with a few days of the bland diet to help keep his tummy calm.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Major
    Likes (Received)

well other food is nothing but problems for him this one is the best, healthy coat, yeast is getting better, no scratching. like i said before i think this is the food for him but he just poop alot, he poop 3 more time already since this morning. fromm made him have hair loss and dry skin, nutrisca gave him yeasty face and feet , Nature's Logic gave himyeast and dry skin. so im still wonder why he still poop a lot

this is the info for new food, nothing is out of ordinary .

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xskyzx View Post
    he only get 2.5 cups a day same thing with others food but this one is less protein source so its not that way the i feed him, but if its right after i switched food, how come it doesnt happened with other food that i switched it? its been two weeks already. i would hate to change food again, bc this one is so good for him. and he pooped inside today which he never does .

maybe cut back to just 2 cups a day... see if it makes a difference. But there could be an ingredient in this food not in the others or higher on the ingredient list that he has issue with
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

We need @cowsmom here! I know she knows about this food!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Major
    Likes (Received)

because if i feed him too much wouldnt his poop be loose? , but his poop is firm. the old food protien is 37% , crude fat is 20%, crude fiber is 3.5 (same as this new food). and he just pooped one more time that made it 5x already...

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ok i just gotta say it. if your dog is pooping that much and if its alot of poop to then there is something your dog is eating that is not agreeing with him. a dogs tells the story. he could look fine otherwise but if hes is going that often and that much then the food is going right through him. you have to look at everything though are you feeding treats and such or people food (not that its a bad thing). your dog should be going like 2-3 times a day and very small amounts. you could try cutting back on how much your feeding just to check if thats it. perhaps if i knew what nutrisca and natures logic and stuff you have used as in protein and such i could help more. you sound very close to the perfect food just not quite. you can try another limited ingredient nvi to see if its the protein. they have several others.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Major
    Likes (Received)

he goes to poop alot but doesnt poop alot , just like 2 lil poop about one in each time. I dont feed him human foods, and I give him the same treats last 6 months maybe 3 treats a week. I posted pic of nature variety info above and this is nutrisca last food I fed him. protien is 37% , crude fat is 20%, crude fiber is 3.5 (same as nature variety) so this new food have less protein than any others food I fed him (fromm nvi...etc.) been two weeks already, he still poop lot. took him to tje vets twice, they said hes ok. Nothing but good thing happened with this new food, just the pooping part. lol . ill try and see if he get used to this new food and maybe cut down the pooping for next two weeks. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads