URGENT!!! Toxic Dog Treats WARNING!

GraceMom

Dec 30, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I received a warning about dog treats. Thought all Bullie owners would need to see.:cry: :eek:

http://www.askbulldoghealth.com/?p=472

"JUNE 2, 2013
Killing With Kindness: Toxic Dog Treats Warning

Here’s a photo of heathy, happy English Bulldog Shelby taken in December 2012 when her owner started giving her what he thought were healthy natural treats bought at the grocery store.

Here she is in May 2013, six months later, a couple weeks before she died. She was only 2 years old."

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:angry: damn jerky treats!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sad, she was a beautiful bully. That's what's wrong with buying things from China, no quality control and they don't care.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so horrible. I know of two people that I work with who lost their beloved dogs as well to the same suspected chicken dog treats, and they both died of kidney failure as well. My friend at work she was one of them, and she had a Sheltie, named Beanie, who died last year. She told me about the treats because I have two EB siblings, who were just pups last year so she warned me. I never give my guys any of those treats anyways , they get cut up apples, bananas, carrots, cheese strings, plain yogurt, and if I want them to learn something new, or I want them to come, or go into their crate I just use a couple of pieces of their own kibble as a reward. They eat Fromms Beef Frittata.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
hey folks.... you need to remember JERKY Treats are UNCOOKED, they are only 'Dried' meat. Look at all of the recalls for CHICKEN JERKY TREATS from different manufacturer's !

DO NOT BUY CHICKEN JERKY TREATS *PERIOD*

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
You really have to do your homework with treats as well as food! Manufacturers put cheap ingredients and sugar in them, thinking a dog won't eat them without extra sugar. Mabel gets Life's Abundance Wholesome Hearts--baked cookies that are low fat. If I need smaller treats, she gets pieces of her kibble.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.