OH NO! She ate a BAG of food!

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey Bully friends!

Well,we left the dogs home a lone last night so we could got to a birthday party. We usually don't leave them at home but since Boadie turned one and they are totally potty trained, we have been leaving them a bit more often. But never for more than a few hours and usually we close the kitchen door and keep the cats in the back of the house with the cat box safe from the doggies. Well I forgot to this time. The cats were fine but Uni found a zip lock bag full of dogie chow I took on a day trip with us a few days ago. It was full or anything but it was at least a couple of days worth of food for her. I knew something was up when we got home because we when to feed them dinner and Uni was not interested in her food. :confused: thought she had gotten a an upset tummy from a hot dog I put in their Kongs before we left. I have never given them much hot dogs before but that is what I had in the fridge so that's what I stuffed in to the knogs. Well, turns out this morning I found the bag of food and the scoop in the spare room, all torn up and empty! :eek: She obviously don't feel good today. Is there anything I can do for her? I gave her half a tums last night and right away she started burping! :excited: She has been drinking lots of water, I had to fill there bowl three times since we got home last night and I usually fill it once a day. She I be worried about bloat?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
No experience with this. Ace will eat about anything and as much food as I will allow but never had him eat two days worth at once. Some one here has most likely experienced something like this and I'm sure you will get some answers soon

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We had a Dobie eat 40 lbs of kibble over an 8 hour period! :bang: She was fine....lots of :poo: but fine....I think...
"And This Too Shall Pass".... Fits.....

This same Dobie ate my Mother in laws family Bible when she was a few months old...she was soooo bloated, but fine..took a few days. If you see her straining and in pain, I would call the vet.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She should be fine, just miserable. You are doing good by letting her drink all the water she wants, that will help. Just look out for the poops. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG :bad: she must feel like an overfilled balloon! keep an eye on her, let her keep drinking all she wants and as others have said as long as she is :poo: all should be good. Any sign she is in distress or she is not :poo: take her to the vet.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
We had a Dobie eat 40 lbs of kibble over an 8 hour period! :bang: She was fine....lots of :poo: but fine....I think...
"And This Too Shall Pass".... Fits.....

This same Dobie ate my Mother in laws family Bible when she was a few months old...she was soooo bloated, but fine..took a few days. If you see her straining and in pain, I would call the vet.

Ate the family bible. That's awesome, you couldn't make that up. Feasting on the word of God. "Man [or dog] shall not live by bread alone, but by every word..."

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ate the family bible. That's awesome, you couldn't make that up. Feasting on the word of God. "Man [or dog] shall not live by bread alone, but by every word..."

:yes: She had someone on her side..lived to be 15 years old...did some of the most crazy things ever..shook a rattlesnake to death..Got attacked by coyotes..had 100 stitches in her rear..ate D-con rat poison..:eek: Let's just say..we were on a first name basis with the emergency vet for years. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh boy, glad to hear that she should be fine and just have a lot of :poo: I bet he craps for a week now. :D

Kidding aside, is bloat something that you'd need to be worried about?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online