General Question Looking for Recommendations.

iankennedy

Jun 1, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Hello all,

I have a one year old Bully named Tebow. I am currently feeding him "Natural Choice" by Nutro (I recently converted him from the puppy version to the adult version) I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. I think this is a more middle of the road brand and want to give him the best. I initially tried Blue brand when I got him as a puppy but that was too much for his system (too much protein I was told). I tried Royal Canine (Bulldog version) but he would not touch it. I finally settled on Nutro for the last several months. I am hoping for something that is good for his system, good for his coat...and ultimately the best nutritionally.

Any recommendations are welcome.

IDK

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Ian, there are several articles on this forum on food, a lot of the parents here home cook meals for their Bullies, as they are very spoiled, for my Rocky, I have him on a 3 star food now, called Blue Buffalo, it's a grain free diet, which works well for Bullies, Let me pass along to you a link of foods and ratings on this site, and encourage you to search food ratings, etc on this site, and read some of the fantastic articles on Bully diets, different foods, different results, and distinguishing between junk food and a healthy diet, look your food your feeding now up in the ratings program, see where it stands, whether its healthy or considered a junk food, and decide from their, plus all the great advice thats fixing to come your way.http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The toughest question of all! All these guys are different and each does differently on any given food. if he is doing ok on Nutro, and not having any problems, I would leave well enough alone! We have many Bully's who do great on the middle of the road foods. And have problems with the higher rated foods. Odds are you will need to make a change in the future anyway, my motto is "If it ain't broke..don't fix it!"

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i would love to say leave him on the nutro but the natural choice is not that great. the ultra line is better if you want to use nutro. if you tell me which one he is on perhaps i can help suggest something along the same lines but perhaps a bit better. having said that bullies are very hard to find food for so keep that in mind also. perhaps a vitamin to make sure he is getting everything he needs.

OP
iankennedy

iankennedy

Jun 1, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
He is on the basic line....there seem to be several new enhanced lines recently.....His stool is great on the Nutro.....on the Blue Buffalo it was very loose...too much protein I was told....but he was a puppy....so many options.....

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.