mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Mayhem loves carrots and I have began giving them to him for "treats" and he will eat as many as I will give him. My question is, how many of the baby carrots should he be allowed to eat in a day?

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
When he starts to turn orange back off a few carrots!

lol

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
as many as you want him to have

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Thanks [MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION] and @kim n the guys I didn't know if too many would upset his tummy :)

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
When he starts to turn orange back off a few carrots!

lol

Really. It can happen. I used to run a natural foods coop. Sometimes folks would over do the carrot juice and they would turn orange from the excessive Vitamin A.

Watch his poop. If it gets runny he's getting too much fiber. If he stops eating a full serving of his regular food that also would indicate too many treats.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem loves carrots and I have began giving them to him for "treats" and he will eat as many as I will give him. My question is, how many of the baby carrots should he be allowed to eat in a day?

Buster loves carrots too. I bought a rubber bone for him and pulled out the squeeker thing on the end and stuff it with 4 or 5 fat baby carrots and he loves it. If his poo gets to be to soft and bright orange (like us LOL) like Lin said then we back off for a day or 2. He gets probably about 12 to 15 baby carrots a day.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would give a handful or so and perhaps balance it with some strawberries or blueberries or even banana.

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I have tried green beans and bananas, but he does not care for those too much. Give him a few carrots and "watch out" :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as others have said... as many as he'll take, but find a volume you are comfortable with and spread it out

Rachelle

May 12, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kirby
I haven't even tried giving Kirby fruits or veggies, I sure hope he likes baby carrots, cuz that'll be his new treat :D

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I am thinking that diced up carrots and peanut butter in his Kong will be in the cards in the near future :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am thinking that diced up carrots and peanut butter in his Kong will be in the cards in the near future :)

Buster loves frozen peanut butter and carrots in his Kong. He loves Yogurt and diced strawberries too!!

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Buster loves frozen peanut butter and carrots in his Kong. He loves Yogurt and diced strawberries too!!

So many possibilities for healthy treats! I will have to give this a try as well. Do you use unsweetened yogurt?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online