Kibble enhancements

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I know many folks here use topping on their dog's kibble for variety and taste enhancement. However, I found that if I put something on TOP of the kibble the topping might get eaten and not the rest of the bowl so I put the good stuff at the Bottom. Works every time even when they are not particularly fond of the flavor orf the kibble. this is especially important with my Frenchie, Zeva because she looses weight fast when she's being fussy.

What do you use? I will use a high quality wet food, shredded cheese yogurt or cottage cheese. I save the liverwurst, peanut butter and cheese sticks to wrap pills in.

For wet food, check out Newman's Own Organic Grain Free. I think it's too limited ingredient wise to use as a sole food but it's a great add on at a really good price. I can get it at my grocery store or through Amazon for less than 2 bucks a big can.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake needs no topping! :bang: He would eat cardboard if in his bowl...:hmm: Come to think of it..he HAS eaten cardboard! Now...My Dena Dawg Is a picky eater and she gets a wee bit of Merricks Brautwurst on her kibble.. :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Jake needs no topping! :bang: He would eat cardboard if in his bowl...:hmm: Come to think of it..he HAS eaten cardboard!

Otis and Jake must be related.

Roxy is my picky one but I add to all of their bowls. Kefir in the mornings, Pollock oil and shredded cheese at night. Athena doesn't do so good with Salmon oil so we switched her omega source.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake needs no topping! :bang: He would eat cardboard if in his bowl...:hmm: Come to think of it..he HAS eaten cardboard! Now...My Dena Dawg Is a picky eater and she gets a wee bit of Merricks Brautwurst on her kibble.. :)

CARDBOARD!!

:ROFL2::laugh::laugh:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jake needs no topping! :bang: He would eat cardboard if in his bowl...:hmm: Come to think of it..he HAS eaten cardboard!

^^^ this would be Banks... if it hits the floor or her bowl, it is being eaten -- no hesitation to be had.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah can be a picky eater but loves her canned food. right now its spring naturals but i have used newmans own before. ive used daves and evangers with some nvi to. she can be picky but seems the older she gets the less picky she is :hmm:

- - - Updated - - -

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm really bad b/c I think I give mine too many "toppers" on top of their regular kibble! I think it's b/c of the way i grew up w/my own mom always cooking for us and making us happy with food...but I digress. Sigh...

I put the following on and like to rotate them: frozen green beans, pinto/black/kidney beans, grilled liver, little chunks of steak, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, parmesan cheese, eggs, and chicken.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
No picky eaters here. But sometimes I they get cottage cottage cheese, greek plain yogurt, or a canned food (Fromm), as well as salmon oil. I always mix it in instead of just putting a dollop on the top.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.