Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He looks great from that angle. No worry on overdosing on vitamins or anything, as his body should take what it needs and filter the rest out.

Sounds like he may be getting a bit too much only by the poop subscription alone. Cut back by 1/4 c per meal and see if he has anymore runny poos. That occasional soft serve you are speaking of is wasted food intake, he doesn't need it.

Fromm foods are pretty lean and if he's active and using the proteins up he's probably doing just great!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He's gorgeous and looks great!

He appears (in the pic) a leaner, longer and has taller legs than many EBs
and since he's active...all good things.

Since he does have some soft poos tho, I would cut back at least 1 cup total
and see if poos solidify, if not, cut back by another 1/2 to 1 cup daily.

Let us know how it goes! GOD bless!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's comments above, but looking at the pictures he doesn't look overweight to me. How much does he weigh, how old is he.? If his stools are firm and healthy, and he doesn't look overweight, and he is active enough to burn it off, he's probably okay. What does your vet say about his weight? My 2 guys are 15 months old, and weigh 42 pounds each. They also eat Fromm's Beef Frittata, and we give them 1 cup at 6:30 am and another cup at 6:30 pm. They go on two long walks a day, one in the morning, and one in the evening. Their poops are firm but soft, and they go poop 2 or 3 times a day. My vet said that Blossom was a little overweight at her last checkup, but that was at the end of winter, and she said she should weigh no more than 40 lbs. I don't think my guys are overweight, Blossom has a more stocky bully type body than Bulldozer, he has a more lean body. I told my vet it was probably due to the winter months, because they didn't go for their long walks as much due to the cold weather. Now that summer is coming and it's nicer weather, they are much more active again.

Here's a recent picture of my guys from last weekend, do you think they look overweight?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 61
OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
@RaRett, @desertskybulldogs,

Here are some top down pics I grabbed yesterday!
teha4ady.jpg

7a6adyte.jpg

adaju7uj.jpg

I agree with everyone's comments above, but looking at the pictures he doesn't look overweight to me. How much does he weigh, how old is he.? If his stools are firm and healthy, and he doesn't look overweight, and he is active enough to burn it off, he's probably okay. What does your vet say about his weight?

He's almost 15 months, weighs 56-58lb, and the vet says he's looking great. However I was only worried about feeding him "too much of a good thing", which desertskybulldogs just told me will be reflected in softer poop.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ok from those pics I would say he could lose a little weight. Not a whole lot, as I like a little meat on their bones. I suggest about 2-3 pounds to see what his top view looks like then. You can see he's almost straight from his rib cage to his booty, there should be a little definition there. You should be able to see where the rib cage ends, basically, which I cannot from looking at the photos.

He's certainly not hugely overweight, so the amount you are feeding him is probably close to what he should have. But as he ages and becomes less active, usually after age 2, you will probably need to cut back much more.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Ok from those pics I would say he could lose a little weight. Not a whole lot, as I like a little meat on their bones. I suggest about 2-3 pounds to see what his top view looks like then. You can see he's almost straight from his rib cage to his booty, there should be a little definition there. You should be able to see where the rib cage ends, basically, which I cannot from looking at the photos.

He's certainly not hugely overweight, so the amount you are feeding him is probably close to what he should have. But as he ages and becomes less active, usually after age 2, you will probably need to cut back much more.

I agree.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.