Help Needed! Help with Food.. plssssssssss

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Ok... this is the story. Charlie was on NVI beef and lanb for a few months but he stop eaiting and also he was losing a lot of hair and he has runny eyes. so I changed his food to NVI rabbit meal formula.. He is eaiting again, he is not losing hear buttttttt he had horrible tear stains :nope:. A lot of people told me about NB LID ? also NVI offers limited ingridient. I think the salmon is the one causing this problem, so i dont know if i should stay with NVI and switch to a different ingredient or swith copmpletely to a different brand? anny suggestions please.

i know about Fromm but I dont have a local store who sells it . tks :p

Last edited:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Salmon is know to cause tear stain. I just found out it was the cause for my dog's. You can get Fromm's mailed directly to your house from PetFlow. No sales tax, no shipping if you buy the big bag. Did you check the dog food ratings page to see if NB is as good as what you're using? I use Taste of The Wild. Now we're trying the lamb since the salmon gave Zamboni tear stains. I have a bag of Fromm's Pork waiting in the wings although it's a lot more expensive, I want to try it.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Salmon is know to cause tear stain. I just found out it was the cause for my dog's. You can get Fromm's mailed directly to your house from PetFlow. No sales tax, no shipping if you buy the big bag. Did you check the dog food ratings page to see if NB is as good as what you're using? I use Taste of The Wild. Now we're trying the lamb since the salmon gave Zamboni tear stains. I have a bag of Fromm's Pork waiting in the wings although it's a lot more expensive, I want to try it.
NB is 4 stars but some people here use it.. if salmon is the cause I might stay with NVI and just switch to a different protein source or NVI LID. should I try chicken or lamb?

Last edited:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Ok... this is the story. Charlie was on NVI beef and lanb for a few months but he stop eaiting and also he was losing a lot of hair and he has runny eyes. so I changed his food to NVI rabbit meal formula.. He is eaiting again, he is not losing hear buttttttt he had horrible tear stains :nope:. A lot of people told me about NB LID ? also NVI offers limited ingridient. I think the salmon is the one causing this problem, so i dont know if i should stay with NVI and switch to a different ingredient or swith copmpletely to a different brand? anny suggestions please.

i know about Fromm but I dont have a local store who sells it . tks :p

Remi is on nvi's lid lamb. He can't eat anything else. Allergic to chicken and beef and the salmon gave him horrible tear stains and runny poop.

Remi however is also allergic to nature so his eyes will always deliver tear stains, so we give him benadryl as needed and also angel eyes. You are right to start with the food though. We changed food 5 times before landing with nvi's lamb lid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Go with the lamb. Both chicken and lamb are known allergens but I think the lamb less so than the chicken.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My Gastroenterologist (the aforementioned [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]) suggested a lamb and duck combination for us that has been fabulous from Acana is what she suggested. Turkey, beef, chicken especially are a nightmare. Bison and Duck are the proteins that work for us. 100% lamb is one we've never tried. We've been using Acana Grasslands formula for many many months now and it's been terrific. There's a Duck / Bartlett Pear combo that we'll go to next if this Lamb thing ever turns on us. LOL

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Remi is on nvi's lid lamb. He can't eat anything else. Allergic to chicken and beef and the salmon gave him horrible tear stains and runny poop.

Remi however is also allergic to nature so his eyes will always deliver tear stains, so we give him benadryl as needed and also angel eyes. You are right to start with the food though. We changed food 5 times before landing with nvi's lamb lid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tks... well NVI LID is not available at my local pet store and because i need to change his food now i went back to earthborn meadow feast. I will keeu u guys update it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online