Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foster Bulldog afraid to eat out of dish..... help!

Northern California near the Oregon border
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nitro, Sierra & Reina
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Foster Bulldog afraid to eat out of dish..... help!

I feed with stainless bowls and one of my girls is afraid of the bowls when I set them down or pick them up. It's something to do with the noise they make she doesn't like and she'll back off or move away quickly but she'll eat out of them just fine. Maybe try a plastic bowl that makes no noise like a stainless bowl or a ceramic dish. That's all I can think of. Glad you have her now and she's in a good loving home!!! Kudo's to ya!

Susan

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I cant give any more advice than you have gotten already. (lots of great advice) I just want to say thank you for fostering her and reading all of this just makes me teary eyed to think of what these poor pups have to go thru in their lives that gets them to this point. As for letting her on your lap, how could you not? She is lucky to have you!!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

She is certainly lucky to have you, and if you've had her a month, apparently you are doing lots of things right. I wonder if she'd eat if you put her and a plate of food in a crate? She'd be right there with the food, wouldn't have to run and hide. Just a thought. I've never worked with a rescue, so don't have any other suggestions.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilith (age 9) Porkie (age5) Margo ~ Foster (age ?)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much everyone! I've been taking notes of everyone's suggestions. I'm going to try carrying he dish with us as well as purchasing a dish that looks different than my other three dogs. (I use stainless.) Oddly enough, it just dawned on me that she has no problem drinking from the community water bowl. Which this huge antique enamel mixing bowl. I think I'll look for some similar to that as well as a soft sided travel bowl. My husband is building a raised feeder for her. If she doesn't like it, I'm sure that my 14 year old lab will use it. I prepared some "silk balls". Show people use them to beef up their dogs, I've been told. I'm just not sure how many she can have a day. I gave her just one (1/4 cup size) yesterday, to make sure that she could tolerate the dairy in it. She did fine, so today I gave her two of them. She loves them and for the first time she wiggled her tiny little tail. I didn't even think that she could.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads