When to switch kibble?

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
So newbie question, but when can I switch the kibble my pup is eating? The breeder has been feeding him Purina Puppy Chow (as far as my research shows, not the most ideal food). I know I will have to feed him some of this once I bring him home, but how long until I can switch to a higher quality food? I'm thinking I should wait a few weeks until the stress of moving to a new home has settled. Thanks!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can certainly wait a week or two, just make sure you switch very slowly to the new food. It is probably best to wait like you said but a few days to a week should be enough. Be prepared for gas during the switch.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Lalabangbang

Apr 9, 2013
Fort Pierce,fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Booty Trudy
We were very lucky with Trudy. I changed everything over pretty quick and we had no problems. It's probably not recommended to switch as fast as I did but it worked for us

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would wait a few weeks to change over as your pup will have a major adjustment then just a week transition should be good long as your pup is ok with it. just watch the :poo: for changes n stomach upset such as gas or vomiting

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.