Blog about transitioning to new food without bad poop?

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
A few months back someone responded to one of my friends saying they'd written a blog about how to avoid messy poop when transitioning to a new food? If you're out there, can you tell me where I can find it?

Tuffy would be most grateful!:D

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I'm not sure about the "blog" but Im in the process of switching foods right now also. We are very slowly weening Ruckus off his old food. Every fourth day I increase the new food and decrease the old food. I know you can also mix a little pumpkin in the food too. Canned 100 % pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix. Hope this helps a bit.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I have switched Silva 3 times now, it does work for her. For 5 days I mix 3/4 old food and 1/4 new, then the next 5 days 1/2 new and 1/2 old and then the last 5 days 3/4 new food and 1/4 old, then all new food. The suggestions above sound good too! Hope this helps! :)

OP
Kimrisa

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
Thanks everyone! I always start off really slow (1/4 of the newwith 3/4 of the old then after a few days goe to 2/3 old, 1/3 new etc.) but no matter what Tuffy's tummy always rebels. Giving some Diabac seems to help with the runs though. Never tried the white rice instead of the new food but that's something to consider. But,believe it or not, rice is one of the few things that tuffy doesn't like. He does like chicken flavored rice, though. Would that be an option?

Most Reactions