General Question Switching from FROMM Puppy Gold to FROMM Adult Gold

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
How much should I feed my Stoagie a day when I switch him over to the Fromm Adult???
And do I need to mix to transition him over???

Right now Im feeding him 3 times a day, 1 cup each time.

TIA

(Yes I know Ive been SUPER ABSENT, I have 2 jobs and spend any time in between rarely on the computer lol)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
With Fromm you do not have to worry about transition... [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can let you know on the amounts, I am not sure but would think about a cup and a half or 2 cups 2x a day?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Actually [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Fromm puppy is from their Gold line, not the 4* line, so yes a slow transition is needed. I do it over 9 day period usually, 3 days of 1/4 old 3/4 new, then 3 days of 1/2 and 1/2, the 3 days of 3/4 new 1/4 old.

The ingredients in Fromm puppy are quite different (several protein sources and grain sources) then the four star line but once you are on the four star no big transition is needed.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
How old is Stoagie? I'm assuming 7 months old? If so feed twice a day and about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup each time. If he starts to gain too much weight then cut back a little. Plus as Lisa said, you will need to do a transition from the puppy gold to the 4 star.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Actually @2BullyMama Fromm puppy is from their Gold line, not the 4* line, so yes a slow transition is needed. I do it over 9 day period usually, 3 days of 1/4 old 3/4 new, then 3 days of 1/2 and 1/2, the 3 days of 3/4 new 1/4 old.

The ingredients in Fromm puppy are quite different (several protein sources and grain sources) then the four star line but once you are on the four star no big transition is needed.

^^^^ this is why we all need each other, we do not know it all. Thanks, Lisa!

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Are you then not recommending Fromms puppy in the pink bag because of grain sources?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Puppies can tolerate the grains better than adults from my understanding. We have Amelia on the Fromm Puppy in the pink bag. We will switch her over to a grain free when she doesn't need the additional calcium and protein that the puppy food provides her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Are you then not recommending Fromms puppy in the pink bag because of grain sources?

No, I totally recommend it. A lot of bulldogs become allergic to too much of a single ingredient, so it's actually a good staple for a young pup because of the variety of proteins and ingredients. You can also see the grains are further down the list than in most foods, the first three ingredients are protein sources.

Here it is: http://frommfamily.com/products/gold/dog/dry/large-breed-puppy-gold

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromm pork and peas or beef frittatas are my two favorites but all the4 star ones are really good!

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Ok perfect. Found the Fromm food line at a local pet store here. Breeder said to make sure protein is between 24-26% and not more as you don't want them to grow exponentially. Looks like the puppy line falls into that category.

Most Reactions