Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Default After juicing pulp

I like to make my own juice for my breakfast and I usually have the pulp of the vegetables/fruit left over. I was thinking of mixing the pulp into Pickles kibble. As long as the foods are not on the "shouldn't eat" list is there any reason not to? Seems like a waste of some really good pulp.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: After juicing pulp

It's prob just fiber , I don't see why you couldn't , I don't know how much though
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Get ready for the squirts!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

As Sherry said... Do not see an issue ... little as a test or it will end up as Heff said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

That's why I ask. Maby a bit in the food but most go into the garden.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Let us know how it goes...I'll be curious if your bully will eat it. Mine are finicky when it comes to fruits and veggies...especially when lacking peanut butter or dip on them!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

This shouldn't normally be a problem if you give him just a little, but like others have said, too much fibre might cause the diarrhea, which could actually cause your dog not to absorb as much of his food, due to more bowel movements. Also when you juice do you put the whole fruit or vegetable in? Some seeds of fruits such as apples are toxic to dogs and other animals. Apple seeds contain arsenic, and should not be given to dogs, the apple is okay but not the seeds. You also should watch how much fruit and what types you give as well because some fruits contain higher amounts of sugar, such as bananas, and should be fed less often as a treat, also fruits tend to be acidic and can cause upset tummies due to too much acid. You could try a small amount and see how he does and if he does okay, then give it once in a while, instead of everyday, and this should be okay. I also juice everyday and make smoothies, but we use the Vitamix and so the whole fruit or vegetable gets put in and the pulp, skin, and everything gets puréed in the juice, so there is no waste or pulp left behind.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    This shouldn't normally be a problem if you give him just a little, but like others have said, too much fibre might cause the diarrhea, which could actually cause your dog not to absorb as much of his food, due to more bowel movements. Also when you juice do you put the whole fruit or vegetable in? Some seeds of fruits such as apples are toxic to dogs and other animals. Apple seeds contain arsenic, and should not be given to dogs, the apple is okay but not the seeds. You also should watch how much fruit and what types you give as well because some fruits contain higher amounts of sugar, such as bananas, and should be fed less often as a treat, also fruits tend to be acidic and can cause upset tummies due to too much acid. You could try a small amount and see how he does and if he does okay, then give it once in a while, instead of everyday, and this should be okay. I also juice everyday and make smoothies, but we use the Vitamix and so the whole fruit or vegetable gets put in and the pulp, skin, and everything gets puréed in the juice, so there is no waste or pulp left behind.

Thanks, I also use a Vitamix when I make smoothie but as a change I do like to juice. That was a very good point with the seeds because I do juice with the seeds in (apples I skin and remove the core because I don't like them in) - I didn't think of that situation with the seeds tho. I have been giving her some pieces before I put them in the machine but only after I take the skin off and remove any type of core so she only gets the meat of the item. I get the rest. I think I will keep it that way just because I tend to mix several fruits and vegies together. She does love her carrots and apple slices but not to keen on kale or spinich.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xsubsailor View Post
    Thanks, I also use a Vitamix when I make smoothie but as a change I do like to juice. That was a very good point with the seeds because I do juice with the seeds in (apples I skin and remove the core because I don't like them in) - I didn't think of that situation with the seeds tho. I have been giving her some pieces before I put them in the machine but only after I take the skin off and remove any type of core so she only gets the meat of the item. I get the rest. I think I will keep it that way just because I tend to mix several fruits and vegies together. She does love her carrots and apple slices but not to keen on kale or spinich.
    I recently got a Vitamix as well (love it, btw). I made a celery/kale/carrot/cucumber smoothie the other day and Finn tasted it and loved it. But yes, start off with small amounts to see how Pickle "responds" to it.

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Gave her a tiny bit of the carrot/orange mixture and she love it. Vikinggirl brought up some good concerns such as the acid and seeds, so I will give her some as treat every now and then to see what she can handle. I don't want her to become a squirtle.

Remove Ads