Help Needed! Paisley eats TOO FAST

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
I'm a little concerned because she gobbles her food down super fast. I started today leaving her on the leash and pulling her back a little to slow her down. But she will gobble super fast and go after Zeus' food.
I feed her according to her weight so I know she is getting plenty.
Any reason why you guys think she would be doing that?

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Some dogs eat fast. You can get special bowls that slow them down. I know some of our members use them. One of the breeders of another dog I owned recommended large, smooth river rocks in the bowl that would make him slow down. From what I have heard on here though, they would probably eat the rocks too!

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Some dogs eat fast. You can get special bowls that slow them down. I know some of our members use them. One of the breeders of another dog I owned recommended large, smooth river rocks in the bowl that would make him slow down. From what I have heard on here though, they would probably eat the rocks too!

She would for sure. And want 2nds lol

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I'm a little concerned because she gobbles her food down super fast. I started today leaving her on the leash and pulling her back a little to slow her down. But she will gobble super fast and go after Zeus' food.

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

I add water to the kibble, which slows Remi down immensely Also I do a lot of hand feeding and making him work for every single handful of food, making him do tricks. It's fun as well and helps you bond.

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
I add water to the kibble, which slows Remi down immensely Also I do a lot of hand feeding and making him work for every single handful of food, making him do tricks. It's fun as well and helps you bond.

That's great!!! Thank you! I've had to start feeding them separately to avoid her eating his food.
Thank you so much

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
That's great!!! Thank you! I've had to start feeding them separately to avoid her eating his food.
Thank you so much

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

Np. I wish I could take credit for those techniques, but they are all things I learned here on EBN! Hand feeding has really increased Remi's "respect" for me as alpha.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=8583]My kids have 4 paws[/MENTION]. I bought a slow feeder for Abram before he came home. He eats slowly anyhow and hates this bowl. I f you pm me your address I'll send it to you. It's looking for a good home.

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

My Tuni used to eat very fast and actually ended up aspirating from it. So, now I put her food on a cookie sheet and it slows her down SO much! It's a pain in the butt to clean, but it's worth it :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

^^^^ perfect advice

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
^^^^ perfect advice

Thanks, I think Remi loves it as much as i do. My husband is impressed that if I ask Remi to stay while food is in his bowl, he will pretty much just stay indefinitely until I say "Ok."

It's pretty awesome :/

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Thank you all so much. I'm gonna slow her down thanks to your help!

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

Mine does that too I thought he was just a gluton. Lol he loves to eat. Today both my daughters dropped their bagel. He must have been praying lol. First one landed cream cheese down so I was able to pick it up before he got it. But the second one landed cream cheese side up.. He swooped it up. Making it disappear at once and ran away from me to eat it ,as far from me as he could. Well I hope he enjoyed it since I wasn't able to take it from him.

Most Reactions