Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Probiotics

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Everyone gave great advice. We also feed Fromms Beef to our guys, Vlossom is allergic to Chicken and grains, so this food is food for her. Since the food you use works and he is allergic to carrots, then I would stay with the food that works and that he tolerates. It's had enough to find a food that works, so stick with it. We add a Tbsp of plain unsweetened or plain Greek yogurt to their kibble every morning, and we also,add 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar to their drinking water everyday or you can add it to their kibble, we also add salmon oil for the Omega oils for their coats and skin, we add this to their evening meal. They get one cup in the morning, around 6:30 am and another cup in the evening at 6:30 or 7:00 pm. Our guys get cut up apples, strawberries, bananas, cheese strings, cooked oatmeal, about twice a week, not everyday and not all at once, but different variations of the treats, and they also get a hard boiled egg each on the weekend.
    thank you so much!!!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    thank you so much!!!

I use a probiotics and enzyme from "Nusentia" also a Glucosamine and chondroitin with MSM from them , horse strength. I use an eyedropper for the Glucosamine/Chondroitin
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I use a probiotics and enzyme from "Nusentia" also a Glucosamine and chondroitin with MSM from them , horse strength. I use an eyedropper for the Glucosamine/Chondroitin
    Thank you I will look into this!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

you can get a probiotic that people use it doesnt have to be a pet probiotic. its recommended to get one that does not require refridgeration. i think culturelle and align are two. i would use one with like 2 billion live cultures. i use natures bounty for sarah as i get it at the drug store here and well she is allergic to everything. ive heard that you get more from the pills than yogurt. i use acv in sarahs water. i use 2 capfuls as if i use more she wont drink it but you can play around with what your pets will drink. if your doing good on nvi lamb then id keep using it. its a good food. it does have peas though so i guess thats not a problem then.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    you can get a probiotic that people use it doesnt have to be a pet probiotic. its recommended to get one that does not require refridgeration. i think culturelle and align are two. i would use one with like 2 billion live cultures. i use natures bounty for sarah as i get it at the drug store here and well she is allergic to everything. ive heard that you get more from the pills than yogurt. i use acv in sarahs water. i use 2 capfuls as if i use more she wont drink it but you can play around with what your pets will drink. if your doing good on nvi lamb then id keep using it. its a good food. it does have peas though so i guess thats not a problem then.
    Good to know! I will look into those too! I started with one capful of the ACV and it doesn't seem to phase him but ill give him a little bit to get used to it and then I will add some more. Your right it does have peas, I am not sure how I missed that!! When I tried to feed him peas separate he had a small reaction his wrinkles just got a little bit wet but it doesn't seem to bother him in the food!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

would something like this work?? or am i way off?

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-deta...s?skuId=868796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads