Acting Hungry?

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
I have recently changed my My 2 Year old Bulldog food to Merrick's Buffalo & Sweet Potato from Nature Domain every since he has been picking up random things off the floor and trying to eat it even if its not food as if he is hungry or is a puppy which clearly he is not. Hes never done this before.

Merricks kibble is much smaller than what he used to get so Im not sure what to do, should I switch his kibble to another brand?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
perhaps he is lacking something a mineral or vitamin that was in the other food. I know a Dog Whisperer show where Cesar fixes a dog from eating it's own pooh by feeding it banana everyday, something was missing from his diet. Have you compared the calorie content of the two? there might be something there. [MENTION=7173]tyree213[/MENTION]

OP
tyree213

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
From a vitamin & mineral standpoint Merrick is higher. Natures Domain does have more carbs though so maybe thats it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have to say that I don't know a lot about Merrick ... but when you feed a higher quality food then you usually feed less than what is on the packet for the recommended dosage.

Have you tried adding veggies to his food to bulk it up. Maybe some green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots??? Or if you're into a bit of cooking there is the very popular vegas stew recipe you could try, and add that to his food

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
he may just be adjusting to the new food. merrick is an excellent food and they just revamped and streamlined their line. im feeding it to my bostons now as its readily available at bf house. i cant find much on the actual ingredients of the cosco food but their manufacturing plant leaves alot to be desired and it would not be better than merrick. so give it some time and if you need to give veggies n such as karen said. keep me updated

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online