not eating all his food

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
Chunk for some reason is not eating all of his food. I feed him a cup and a half 2 times a day and he would scoop it all up but know he its it a bit slower only about half and few hrs later goes back and finishes the rest is that normal? I'm not sure y this change happened still feeding him the same food. I was thinking maybe he ate something bad when he was outside so I was thinking I wouldn't feed him for 24hrs can't think o lf anything else he drinks water fine and seems fine any help would be appreciated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Chunk and what is the weather like in your area?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
All other things being equal I think that sometimes they are just bored with the kibble they are getting and desire something more tasteful. Add a topper to the kibble, something you think he might really like that is also good for dogs and see how he reacts to it. I have noticed this with Ace too. Sometimes he eats like a horse, well most of the time, but he will turn his nose up at his kibble at some meals from time to time.

OP
N

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
He is 4 months and it is cold mornings and nights and warm in the afternoon

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I would try a topper on his kibble. I rotate several toppers for my pups and they are always excited to eat. I rotate with beef and rice, scrambled egg, cottage cheese, and steamed vegi. If he continues to not eat or stops drinking water or has issues going potty take him to the vet. I also noticed that when it starts getting hot my lab will turn his nose up at food for a day and he is a very food motivated dog. My vet told me that was normal.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if he is eating something then i would not hold back his food unless he throws up. sarah sometimes is not as interested in her food. he could just be bored with it. i would try a topper to and see if he eats better. just keep an eye on him i would think in a few days he will be back to his normal self.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.