pink face in bullies

granville

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
baxter
what causes pink faces in bullies? Is it a certain ingredient in food that does it?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
A little bit of pink is pretty normal as they use their muzzle all the time. They explore their world with it! Too much pink can be a sign of allergies but its usually accompanied by bumps too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
They're more pronounced if the fur is white. But like Lisa said, it's very normal.

OP
granville

granville

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
baxter
i noticed it seemed pinker then normal since changing food and after coming inside after a walk it is very pink

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
My Otis' chin has been pink since we got him, but he also has no hair there so maybe that's why. I've asked the vet before and they just seem to say "Well it could be normal for Otis", but I've only had him since February, so I don't know what's normal for him! lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could be normal... as others have said.... can you post a pic?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi. I have two EB siblings, my male Dozer is all brown in colour, and his sister Blossom is completely white. Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, grains and corn, and she used to always have a pink face, eyes, and chin, which mostly went away when we switched them to Fromms Beef Frittata. I think the all white bullies are a little more sensitive and have more sensitivities and skin problems than other coloured bullies, or it could be just that they are white and so these issues show up more on their skin than other coloured EB's. She still has a little pink showing on her skin through her fur, more so,on her head, and tummy. This shows more when she has played or run around with her brother, and then she seems to get pinker or flushed after, but as she settles down it disappears, she also gets this way if she is hot, but again disappears. I think if it's not caused by allergies or sensitivities, then it's normal. When we had the food allergy issues, we gave her a Benadryl and then the bumps, and redness would go away.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
some pink is normal. just watch and see usually some other allergy symptoms will show up also then you will know if its allergies. the air is bad right now to so it doesnt have to be the food can be environmental. just keep an eye on it

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
Hi. I have two EB siblings, my male Dozer is all brown in colour, and his sister Blossom is completely white. Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, grains and corn, and she used to always have a pink face, eyes, and chin, which mostly went away when we switched them to Fromms Beef Frittata. I think the all white bullies are a little more sensitive and have more sensitivities and skin problems than other coloured bullies, or it could be just that they are white and so these issues show up more on their skin than other coloured EB's. She still has a little pink showing on her skin through her fur, more so,on her head, and tummy. This shows more when she has played or run around with her brother, and then she seems to get pinker or flushed after, but as she settles down it disappears, she also gets this way if she is hot, but again disappears. I think if it's not caused by allergies or sensitivities, then it's normal. When we had the food allergy issues, we gave her a Benadryl and then the bumps, and redness would go away.

Yea, Lou always turns pink when he's excited - his ears and belly. He usually doesn't get red other than that.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.