General Question fromm help

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
I am going today to get her a big bag.. which one should I put her on ? She will be 19 wks tomorrow. . Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The great thing about Fromm is you can swtich between flavors once they are on it.... but, since she is still a puppy you may consider the Puppy stage... you can then switch over to one of the other flavors at around 6-8 months.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] @ deserskybulldogs

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any of the four star or the puppy gold in the pink bag. The puppy gold is what I prefer until they are a bit older, I found the others were a bit too lean during the heavy growth stage. But either way they will catch up weight wise, they always do! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with all of the above .. either go for the puppy gold or one of the Fromm 4* range!! :up:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Any of the four star or the puppy gold in the pink bag. The puppy gold is what I prefer until they are a bit older, I found the others were a bit too lean during the heavy growth stage. But either way they will catch up weight wise, they always do! Lol

Remi is already 50 pounds at 10 months, and had him on all stage food from 4 months on. I'm not totally convinced puppy food is totally needed with this breed for any longer than that, but maybe that is just reflecting my obsession for a a lean and active bulldog.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Remi is already 50 pounds at 10 months, and had him on all stage food from 4 months on. I'm not totally convinced puppy food is totally needed with this breed for any longer than that, but maybe that is just reflecting my obsession for a a lean and active bulldog.

Nope you are correct, they always catch up and fill out eventually. Fromm actually recommends they stay on Fromm puppy until they are two but I think they would be mighty chubby if so! I think it's good to keep them on the multiple proteins the Fromm puppy has at least until they get through the "lanky" stage, I always switched at 16 weeks but changed my thinking on this over the past year with Pookie, he needed the extra fat content because he had so much energy to burn he was growing but looked very thin. Once I put him back on the Fromm puppy it settled out a bit, because I was having to give him more of the four star to keep any weight on him than he should have needed.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with Christine and Lisa's good advice, the Fromms are an all stages food, but since your guy is still only 19 weeks old, it's best to feed him a puppy formula until he's 6 or 7 months old. They need the extra calories and fat in puppy food for the rapid growth and development of a puppy.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Regardless which one you choose unless you are going to get it online I would suggest buying a smaller bag just in case for whatever reason it don't work out.

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
Thanks everyone.. We got her the Fromm Gold Puppy in the pink bag .. We started mixing on Friday..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.