Best Treats

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Im sorry if this is somewhere else, but I looked through the first page and didnt see it. Ok, I was lazy and picked up a couple bags of Milk Bone soft chew treats just to have something for Colossus. He LOVES them, but the south end result is not favorable (way too soft stools as compared to not having them). What treats would be good for him? I give him a treat every once in a while while we are walking, so i want something that is good. Should they be soft/chewy or hard/crunchy?

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I love Wet Noses dog treats, and all 3 of my bullies love them too! They are organic and they contain NO wheat, soy, corn, preservative, chemical, artificial flavors and Color! They are awesome! I usually get the Pumpkin flavor but they have about 8 or 10 different flavors to choose from! They are circle and crunchy, about the size of golfball! I also give my bullies fruits and veggies, 2 of them are very picky and only eat blueberries and apples but my other bullie will literally eat any fruit or veggie! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can just use their kibble.... or I love Fruitables... grain free, made in USA and all fruit smell YUMMY! I also use 'Real Meats' again grain free and made in USA. Also, you can use veggies... green beans, carrots, etc. No onion, raisins or grapes - they are toxic.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
You can just use their kibble.... or I love Fruitables... grain free, made in USA and all fruit smell YUMMY! I also use 'Real Meats' again grain free and made in USA. Also, you can use veggies... green beans, carrots, etc. No onion, raisins or grapes - they are toxic.

I second Fruitables! I actually use the small dog ones for Rumble with training since they are soft and smaller. I have also found he likes L.I.T. but I cannot remember who makes them....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we give our guys natural treats when at home, such as baby carrots, green beans, cut up apples, cheese strings, a hard boiled egg once a week, plain unsweetened yogurt in their kibble every other day, and bananas. When we are out, or training, or praising them for something, we use Wellness soft chew Duck and Turkey treats, as my guys tend to not chew but inhale their food lol, so I'm afraid of them choking on hard treats, or large cookie or milk bone type treats, occasionally I give them the milk bone mini bones, they are really tiny, and I will break them in half and share it between the two of them. You can also carry a few pieces of their kibble as treats when out or as a quick reward. It won't cause them to get too many calories, as its just a few pieces of kibble, plus it's their own food, so no chances of having an allergic reaction, as they are accustomed to eating their own food, and they are small enough to not worry about choking on them. The other foods are just extra treats that are all natural and given just once and a while, not every day. We feed them Fromms Beef Fritatta kibble and add supplements such as the plain yogurt in the mornings, and salmon oil in the kibble in the evenings, plus we add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday, there are a lot of benefits to apple cider vinegar, such as its good for inflammation, it's is a natural anti bacterial, so kills the bad bacteria in the body, and boosts the immune system, it is also good for their breath, and it balances the natural ph levels in the body as well. I hope this helps.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Big fan of fruitables as well, the crunchy ones for Bacon. He gets really bad :fart::fart::fart::fart::fart:when he has the chewy ones.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.