Help Needed! Shedding bad

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
She has started shedding really bad and bitting her lpaws after changing food. Could it be the food or stess? thanks

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Laura please remind us. Did she recently change food? Are things stressful? Does she have a rash? Change in behavior?

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
Laura please remind us. Did she recently change food? Are things stressful? Does she have a rash? Change in behavior?

Yes I been mixing her food ..for 1 wks now .. and she has been more in her crate the last few days.. dr appt , daughter had awards at school and other daughter birthday. .. today she is shedding bad ..no rash and still active

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12

Yes I been mixing her food ..for 1 wks now .. and she has been more in her crate the last few days.. dr appt , daughter had awards at school and other daughter birthday. .. today she is shedding bad ..no rash and still active

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=8209]pinkbully[/MENTION] Sorry but my work has been crazy these last three weeks so I haven't been around here too much. What was she on, and what are you switching her to??

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Lots of things happening this week at your house. It could be the food change. Some Bully's just have a massive shed once or twice a year. Could be stress. May just have to wait this one out to see what it is. As long as there are no sores or changes in the skin waiting should be fine. Salmon oil in her food will decrease shedding and a Zoom Groom will remove an amazing amount of loose hair and help keep your house clean. Sunscreen if she goes outside for a long period of time.

Others will be by lets see what they have to say. Take care.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could just be her blowing her winter coat, which last about a month. Try using a Zoom Groom on her, it takes a lot of hair off.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
this time of year its hard to say. long as its just shedding i would keep with the changeover unless something else comes up. lots of bullies blow their coat or could be stress. just wait and see

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My bullies are shedding insane right now! I agree with everyone above. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online