puppy food fromm gold question

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
Hey Everyone,
First of all, you guys are awesome. I was emailing with cowsmom, but she went to work and i really want to get to the store and get the food bought today...
The fromm gold puppy seems to have chicken in it. I thought the goal was to try to avoid chicken??? :confused: I have read from this board that quite a few bulldogs are allergic to chicken so I thought I would just avoid it to begin with since my guy is incredibly incredibly incredibly stuffy. (getting the surgery when he is neutered) Seriously not trying to drive anyone nuts with my ignorance.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It has chicken as well as other proteins. I would not avoid chicken unless you are suspicious there is a problem with it. It's one of those proteins that some bulldogs cannot tolerate but many do well with chicken.

What I mean is, if you are on a chicken food and your not having good stools, itchies, tear stains, ect then you would certainly try one without it. Most puppy foods do have chicken in them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Several bullies if not most i think are allergic to chicken.......but you may be lucky and have a bully that is not..... its like trial and error, sometimes it takes trying different foods till finding one that works for your bully...... unless you want to just start out with a food that has no chicken in it :) this is my 4th brand of food with Forde and he will be 4 yrs old in june.......what use to work for him no longer did ....fromm seems to be a great food and is what i will try next ( had i knew about it before , i would have went directly to fromm) the pork and peas flaover probably.....but just jump in there and see what happens. Maybe purchasing a smaller size bag to see how he does with it allowing him time to get use to it....that way you are not investing so much for something that is not going to work :)

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
I have also read here that people seem to switch their pups to adult foods pretty young. Could I put him on the beef grain free fromm at 15 weeks or is that too young?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You could, however it is more lean, that's why I like to wait as long as possible. But the fat will eventually catch up!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok im here sorry lots of bullies start out with chicken and then are switched to other proteins when they are switched over to adult food. i would not be afraid of chicken unless your bully has trouble with it. at the moment its the only protein that works for sarah and i know of several other bullies here that are on chicken protein. each bully is different with the protein that they can tolerate. there are puppy foods that are not chicken but most are. if you like the fromm puppy then buy it and try it.

Members online

No members online now.