Nutro Natural Choice Venison Potato

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Does anyone feed their English Bulldog this brand of food?

I'm thinking of switching from Royal Canin Bulldog to this brand but I wanted to hear any reviews or opinions first.

Thanks for your input!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm well im not much on nutro natural choice foods really. if your going to use nutro the ultra line would be the best but i dont see a grain free one there. natural balance has a venison limited ingredient food you may want to look at. these all have such low protein it concerns me so perhaps add a bit of protein to the diet with one of these.

Last edited:
OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
hm well im not much on nutro natural choice foods really. if your going to use nutro the ultra line would be the best but i dont see a grain free one there. natural balance has a venison limited ingredient food you may want to look at. these all have such low protein it concerns me so perhaps add a bit of protein to the diet with one of these.

Hmmm I'll keep researching. When I adopted Otis, his previous owner said that's what she fed him. But when we picked up him she gave us his left over, unmarked food...which is probably just kibble and bits.

Otis needs to go on a diet, so I'm looking for a low-calorie one. AND I'm pretty sure he has an allergy (all his snacks and royal canin food have some sort of wheat in it), but I'll get that confirmed once we go to the vet tomorrow.

I've heard great things of FROMM, and I noticed they have a weight management one. Maybe I'll try that one once I figure out if he has any allergies.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i can tell you that this food thing can be daunting but it can be done so just slow down and take one thing at a time. enjoy your bully is the main thing. :2thumbs:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hmmm I'll keep researching. When I adopted Otis, his previous owner said that's what she fed him. But when we picked up him she gave us his left over, unmarked food...which is probably just kibble and bits.

Otis needs to go on a diet, so I'm looking for a low-calorie one. AND I'm pretty sure he has an allergy (all his snacks and royal canin food have some sort of wheat in it), but I'll get that confirmed once we go to the vet tomorrow.

I've heard great things of FROMM, and I noticed they have a weight management one. Maybe I'll try that one once I figure out if he has any allergies.

Fromm is a great food. lots of peeps feed the beef frittata . they also have the weight management, although it does contain chicken. I just started feeding kibble again after feeding raw for 10 weeks and I chose Fromm they are a family owned company and don't make any other food in their plant, which means a lot to me after all the food recalls that are made out of basically a few plants. I chose the Fromm Pork and applesauce and the Fromm senior (low activity) formulas, two different kinds. I have so many mouths to feed, that's why I stopped feeding raw

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Switching of of RC is a great idea... not a real good food. i think I posted in your other thread, but lots of bullies have issues with grains and chicken. I currently feed Beef Frittata and am looking/thinking about going to the new flavor Pork and Peas.... my girl has issue with white potatoes and this new one does not have chicken, grains or white potatoes... VERY EXCITED about it.

If you are thinking FROMM... there are several without chicken and a whole line of grain free.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.