Quick Question about Fromm

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Anyone know if I need to do a slow transition between the Fromm Puppy formulas? I'm switching Blue to their Large Breed Puppy from the regular Puppy Gold.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would leave him on the regular puppy, in the pink bag. But you can just switch without a transition, even when you switch him to a FROMM adult food.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I would leave him on the regular puppy, in the pink bag. But you can just switch without a transition, even when you switch him to a FROMM adult food.

The reason I want to to switch is because he's gaining weight very quickly, and I'm a little concerned about his hips. He was 32 lbs when he turned 4 months (this was 5 days ago).

So you don't think I should do it?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The large breed does contain less fat so if he's getting too chubby you certainly could. I would at least do a two to three day transition just to be safe.

Since the puppy formula is in the gold line you cannot do a straight switch, only the four star formulas are designed that way.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The large breed does contain less fat so if he's getting too chubby you certainly could. I would at least do a two to three day transition just to be safe.

Since the puppy formula is in the gold line you cannot do a straight switch, only the four star formulas are designed that way.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Thank you!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I would take a few days to switch just to be sure ud never know with bullies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.